• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

BLEB1: Beer Run (stonegod - Designated Driver)

ajanders

Explorer
"Yes, by all means. We have a doughty hero with us, just radiating goodness and heroness and lawness.
Be a shame not to find something for him to smite."

Kenn emphasises this gently.

"To return to our earlier question, does anybody actually know how to drive a mule?"

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
OOC: I'll be updating again on Tuesday, so you all have that chance to do any kibitzing/planing/what have you.

Wik For the love of leveling, send me a character update! ;)

ajanders

Explorer
stonegod said:
OOC: I'll be updating again on Tuesday, so you all have that chance to do any kibitzing/planing/what have you.

Wik For the love of leveling, send me a character update! ;)

Kenn looks at the wagon dubiously.
He's no carpenter, but he thinks the wagon ought to be nailed or pegged long before planed.

ajanders

Explorer
Moggthegob said:
Mardigan looks at the mule " What's to know. How hard can it possibly be?"

"You're on, then." Kenn says, immensely relieved.
Springing into the back of the wagon, he leans against the tool box and shades his eyes with his hat.
"Wake me if Rio has a fit of heroics."

Kenn takes a deep breath and meditates, taking 20 to regain his psionic focus.

Moggthegob

First Post
Mardigan laughs " Ha! I am heir to House Orien, travel is in my blood and one thing's for certain, these mules will cooperate. You'll see."
Mardigan loads himself aboard the cart. Grabs the reigns and yells

ALL ABOOOOOARD !!!!

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
[Mardigan's Handle Animal, eventually aided by Fritz]

Everyone crowds onto the cart, which was obviously designed for cargo, not people. Khoros and Tam crouch in the back, Kenn and Khuther manage to find a place in the middle, while Mardigan sits between the yoke shafts with the young Fritz at his side. While Liam barks and nips, the house Orien scion does his darnedest to get the stubborn beast moving. Initially, it starts and stops, causing the acerbic Kenn to grumble loudly, but with advice from the young boy---who actually seems to know how to act around animals---the cart eventually smoothes out. In a magnanimous gesture, Mardigan "allows" the boy to take the reigns "to practice"; soon things go very smoothly.

[Mardigan's Survival checks, eventually noted by Khoros]

Striking out over the hills, Mardigan uses his knowledge of the local area to project a path that should save them some time. Heading roughly northeast, it isn't until about four hours later that a until-then dozing Khoros notices the shade from a stand of local trees shows they've been heading a too far east than north for a least a little while.

They were lost. A bit.

But there was a more pressing issue. Fritz noticed first, when Liam started growling lowly and being agitated. The young man points off the northern horizon once he spots it.

Smoke. Dark and black.

Trouble.

Patlin

Explorer
"Let's go investigate, someone may need help." Rio suggests. He hops out of the cart, draws his Greatsword and shakes off any aches and pains from sitting in the cart. He checks to see if anyone is following him right before heading to the smoke.

ooc: Rio has a +8 handle animal, should that come up again.

Remove ads