Blight Makes Right (DM: TwoHeadsBarking. Judge: Lord Sessadore)

Ghdeh1

First Post
Alek continues keeping pace with the group thinking 'I wonder where the Goblins are coming from, and why we should attack them on their terms'.

Boddynock

First Post
Adran chuckles.

"Violence it is, then. Lucky my sword's sharp!"

He slows down momentarily, as a thought occurs to him.

"All the great adventuring companies of the past have had a name. What should we call ourselves? 'The Slayers?' Too grim. 'Goblin-Bane?' Too specific."

"What we want is a name to inspire, to intrigue, to hearken back to the past and to look forward to the future. I know: what about 'Renaissance'?" It's exotic, and a bit mysterious. What do you all think?"

[sblock=Mini-stats]Adran Cassis, Bard 1
Initiative: +1 | Passive perception: 16 | Passive Insight: 14
AC: 15 | For: 13 | Ref: 14 | Will: 15
HP: 28/28 | Bloodied: 14 | Surge value: 7 | Surges: 10/10
Speed: 6 | Languages: Allarian, Draconic, Eladrin
AP: 1 | Second Wind: not used
Basic Attack/Opportunity attack: +3 vs AC, 1d8
Powers: Guiding Strike (PHB2), War Song Strike (PHB2)
Acid Orb (PHB2), Majestic Word (PHB2), Shout of Triumph (PHB2), Words of Friendship (PHB2)
Slayer’s Song (PHB2)
[/sblock]

Lephisto

First Post
Goblins, you can't trust them and don't know why you would want to! Lephisto thought. Trying to pick up the pace with the group and listens to them quietly discussing a name for the adventurous group. "Renaissance you say? Thats a marvellous name", Lephisto mumbling agreed.

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Thanks JNC. And not a moment too soon...[/sblock]

The day passes. Yelder is not a great conversationalist, although you get the feeling he's not being intentionally rude; he's just not used to people. The sun is starting to set when Yelder stops suddenly and points ahead. You follow his gesture and see a number of figures lurking in an upcoming fork in the road. One is a twisted yellow-skinned humanoid you easily recognize as a goblin. The others appear to be large dogs, but even with the fading sunlight and the distance between you it’s clear there’s something wrong with them. Their gait is lurching and uneven, and there are random patches on their bodies where the hair has come out in clumps.

[sblock=Religion 15 or Nature 15]While these creatures look undead, there are enough signs of life that you would have to conclude that they are, unfortunately, still alive.[/sblock]

The goblin sees you at the same time you see him, and he raises his axe towards you and screeches. At once the hounds bound into your group, moving disturbingly fast for creatures so ragged. One of them drags Yelder to the ground, while two others bite at Lephisto. Their teeth don't hurt too badly, but Lephisto feels some manner of rot spreading through his body.

[sblock=Status]Initiative:
24: Blighted hounds (-0)
18: Lephisto (20/27, ongoing 5 necrotic) <== Your turn.
15: Goblin (-0)
14: Growl (30/30)
12: Feyr (26/26)
10: Adran (28/28)
9: Alek (30/30)

(Your rolls. Their rolls. The goblin and Growl both got 14, but the goblin's going first on account of his higher modifier.)

The hounds in J14 and K15 charged Lephisto. Both hit, the first deals 3 necrotic damage and the second does 4 necrotic. In addition, Lephisto is now afflicted with 5 ongoing necrotic damage. (Rolls, attacks were versus Reflex)

The hound in H14 charged Yelder, incapacitating him like the NPC he is.

The hound in J9 wasn't close enough to charge this turn. Poor doggy.

Lephisto is up. At the start of his turn he will take 5 necrotic damage, and then at the end of his turn he can save to end it.[/sblock]

[sblock=Map Key]Retro map, I know. I think it has some charming nostalgia though. Anyway...

Any square defined by four white dots is normal terrain, and represents the road or low bushes.

Any square which has at least one green dot is difficult terrain, representing trees and large bushes. It takes two squares of movement to enter a square of difficult terrain.

PCs:
A: Alek
C: Cassus

F: Feyr
G: Growl
L: Lephisto

NPCs:
y: Yelder

Enemies:
h
: blighted hound
g: goblin

If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to ask.[/sblock]
Code:
[FONT=Courier New]    A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T
=============================================
00|[/FONT][FONT=Courier New][COLOR=DarkGreen]. . .[/COLOR][/FONT][FONT=Courier New] . . . . [COLOR=DarkGreen].[/COLOR] [COLOR=DarkGreen]. . . .[/COLOR] . . . . [COLOR=DarkGreen]. . . . .[/COLOR]|
01|[/FONT][FONT=Courier New][COLOR=DarkGreen]. . .[/COLOR][/FONT][FONT=Courier New] . . . . . [COLOR=DarkGreen]. . .[/COLOR] . . . . [COLOR=DarkGreen][COLOR=White].[/COLOR] . . . . .[/COLOR]|
02|[/FONT][FONT=Courier New][COLOR=DarkGreen]. . .[/COLOR][/FONT][FONT=Courier New] . . . . . . . . . . . . [COLOR=DarkGreen]. . . . . .[/COLOR]|
03|[/FONT][FONT=Courier New][COLOR=DarkGreen]. . . .[/COLOR][/FONT][FONT=Courier New] . . . . . . . . . . . [COLOR=DarkGreen]. . . . . .[/COLOR]|
04|[/FONT][FONT=Courier New][COLOR=DarkGreen]. . . . .[/COLOR][/FONT][FONT=Courier New] . . . . . .[/FONT][FONT=Courier New][COLOR=DarkRed]g[/COLOR][/FONT][FONT=Courier New]. . . [COLOR=DarkGreen]. . . . . . .[/COLOR]|
05|[/FONT][FONT=Courier New][COLOR=DarkGreen]. . . . . .[/COLOR][/FONT][FONT=Courier New] . . . . . . . . [COLOR=DarkGreen]. . . . . . .[/COLOR]|
06|[/FONT][FONT=Courier New][COLOR=DarkGreen]. . . . . . . . [COLOR=White].[/COLOR][/COLOR][/FONT][FONT=Courier New] . . . . . [COLOR=DarkGreen]. . . . . . .[/COLOR]|
07|[COLOR=DarkGreen]. . . . . . . . . [/COLOR]. . . . . [COLOR=DarkGreen]. . . . . . .[/COLOR]|
08|[COLOR=DarkGreen]. . . . . . . . .[/COLOR] . . . . . [COLOR=DarkGreen]. . . . . . .[/COLOR]|
09|[COLOR=DarkGreen]. . . . . . . . .[/COLOR] .[/FONT][FONT=Courier New][COLOR=DimGray]h[/COLOR][/FONT][FONT=Courier New]. . . . [COLOR=DarkGreen]. . . . . . .[/COLOR]|
10|[COLOR=DarkGreen]. . . . . . . .[/COLOR] . . . . . . [COLOR=DarkGreen]. . . . . . .[/COLOR]|
11|[COLOR=DarkGreen]. . . . . . . .[/COLOR] . . . . . [COLOR=DarkGreen].[/COLOR] [COLOR=DarkGreen]. . . . . . .[/COLOR]|
12|[COLOR=DarkGreen]. . . . . . . .[/COLOR] . . . . . [COLOR=DarkGreen].[/COLOR] [COLOR=DarkGreen]. . . . . . .[/COLOR]|
13|[COLOR=DarkGreen]. . . . . . .[/COLOR] . . . . . . [COLOR=DarkGreen]. . . . . . . .[/COLOR]|
14|[COLOR=DarkGreen]. . . . . .[/COLOR] . .[/FONT][FONT=Courier New][COLOR=DimGray]h[/COLOR][/FONT][FONT=Courier New]. .[/FONT][FONT=Courier New][COLOR=DimGray]h[/COLOR][/FONT][FONT=Courier New]. . . [COLOR=DarkGreen]. . . . . . . .[/COLOR]|
15|[COLOR=DarkGreen]. . . . .[/COLOR] [COLOR=DarkGreen].[/COLOR] . .[/FONT][FONT=Courier New] .[COLOR=Olive]y[/COLOR].[COLOR=RoyalBlue]L[/COLOR].[/FONT][FONT=Courier New][COLOR=DimGray]h[/COLOR]. [COLOR=DarkGreen]. . . . . . . . .[/COLOR]|
16|[COLOR=DarkGreen]. . . . .[/COLOR] [COLOR=DarkGreen].[/COLOR] . .[COLOR=YellowGreen]C[/COLOR]. .[COLOR=Sienna]G[/COLOR]. . [COLOR=DarkGreen]. . . . . . . . .[/COLOR]|
17|[COLOR=DarkGreen]. . . . .[/COLOR] [COLOR=DarkGreen].[/COLOR] . . .[COLOR=Lime]A[/COLOR]. .[COLOR=Yellow]F[/COLOR]. [COLOR=DarkGreen]. . . . . . . . .[/COLOR]|
18|[COLOR=DarkGreen]. . . . .[/COLOR] [COLOR=DarkGreen].[/COLOR] . . . . . . [COLOR=DarkGreen]. . . . . . . . .[/COLOR]|
19|[COLOR=DarkGreen]. . . . .[/COLOR] [COLOR=DarkGreen].[/COLOR] . . . . . . [COLOR=DarkGreen]. . . . . . . . .[/COLOR]|
=============================================[/FONT]

Lephisto

First Post
As Lephisto gets bitten by the hounds, he yells "By the power of my God, ye shall be smitten!". The Young man draws his longsword out, holding it in his right he tries to slash the hound into pieces. "Take that!" he exclaimed. What is this rotting sensation in my body? he thought

[sblock=My turn] I'm not too sure what I can do in my turn, but Im going to attack the hound in K14. Im going to use Holy strike? If I can.
Attacking the hound- Attacking the Hound at K14
Saving throw-Saving throw[/sblock]

[sblock=Lephisto Stat's]Lephisto Izgon- Male Human Paladin 1
Passive Perception: 17, Passive Insight: 12
AC:19, Fort:16, Reflex:15, Will:14 -- Speed:5
HP:20/27, Bloodied:13, Surge Value:6, Surges left:11/11
Initiative +1
Action Points: 1 <> Second Wind
Powers: Bolstering Strike, Holy Strike,
Valiant Strike, Divine Challenge, Lay on hands
Radiant Smite, Channel Divinity: Divine Mettle, Channel Divinity: Divine Strength
Paladin's Judgment[/sblock]

Last edited:

Boddynock

First Post
[sblock=OOC]I'd appreciate feedback on this move, since it's the first 4e combat I've been in.

Adran will move one square to his right (to J17), then use his encounter power, Shout of Triumph, targeting the three closest hounds. That's a +4 attack vs Fortitude, which does 1d6+4 thunder damage, and pushes the hounds 3 squares.

He can also slide any allies in the blast (close 3) 3 squares. I'm proposing to push the hounds straight back 3 and slide Yelder behind Alek.

Is there anyone else he should be sliding? Perhaps sliding Alek and Growl up alongside Lephisto?

The other possibility is to lob an acid orb at the goblin (+4 vs reflex for 1d10+4) but I thought the hounds were the more immediate problem.

What do you folks think?[/sblock][sblock=Mini-stats]
Adran Cassis, Bard 1
Initiative: +1 | Passive perception: 16 | Passive Insight: 14
AC: 15 | For: 13 | Ref: 14 | Will: 15
HP: 28/28 | Bloodied: 14 | Surge value: 7 | Surges: 10/10
Speed: 6 | Languages: Allarian, Draconic, Eladrin
AP: 1 | Second Wind: not used
Basic Attack/Opportunity attack: +3 vs AC, 1d8
Powers: Guiding Strike (PHB2), War Song Strike (PHB2)
Acid Orb (PHB2), Majestic Word (PHB2), Shout of Triumph (PHB2), Words of Friendship (PHB2)
Slayer’s Song (PHB2)
[/sblock]

Remove ads