Blight Makes Right (DM: TwoHeadsBarking. Judge: Lord Sessadore)

Velmont

First Post
[SBLOCK=Boddynock]Two things about your action.

1. When you push, the enemy must be farther from you on each square you push it. So you can push h3 from K15 to L15 (as it will go from 2 to 3 squares from you), but you cannot push the goblin from K14 to L14 (as it will go from 3 to 3 squares from you). You would need to push it to L13 to push it away from you. You would need a power that slide to do it. Same logic with Pull and Push

2. Damage roll are rolled one for all targets of a same attack.

At least, it is how I have always seen in the games I have played. For Push, it is RAW, for the second, I don't remember to have seen it somewhere, but it is how I have seen it.[/SBLOCK]

Ghdeh1

First Post
Alek watches his allies attack the dogs and the goblin. He decides to do something different. "Bad dog!" He yells at the only dog that hadn't attacked. Summoning a lance of pure darkness he hurls it at the same dog.

[sblock=Actions]
Minor= Curse H4
Standard=Dire Radiance vs. H4
11 to hit 10 to damage+5 damage if it moves towards me Plus curse damage
[/sblock]

[sblock=Alek Nethendal stat block]Alek Nethendal- Male Human Warlock 1
Passive Perception: 12, Passive Insight: 15
AC:15, Fort:15, Reflex:15, Will:14 -- Speed:6
HP:30/30, Bloodied:15, Surge Value:7, Surges left:10/10
Initiative +0
Action Points: 1 <> Second Wind
Powers: Dire Radiance, Eldritch Blast,
Eldritch Strike,
Vampiric Embrace,
Flames of Phelgethos[/sblock]

Last edited:

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Velmont's right on both counts. However, I think there may be some confusion. Adran is the "C", not the "A", so everyone who's hit can be pushed straight to the right. Page 271 of the PHB talks about the many attack rolls but only one damage. Luckily, in this case, you rolled the same damage for both targets hit, so we'll use that. Also, Growl moved into I15 on his turn, so I'll move you to H15, which also helps protect your line.

Ghdeh, you can only curse the closest enemy to you, which would be Hound 1 or the goblin. Please choose which one you've cursed. It doesn't matter so much in this case, because your attack misses.[/sblock]

Feyr unleashes a spray of blades towards his foes. The goblin ducks behind the nearby hound, causing the animal to take the brunt of the attack. (ooc: Hits Hound 3, misses the goblin.)

Growl advances and tears deeply into another hound, taking off a good-sized part of its leg. (ooc: Hits Hound 2, bloodying it and giving CA to the next attack against it.)

Adran shouts, and his voice reaches a supernatural volume. The goblin holds firm, but both of the blighted beasts are thrown into the nearby trees. (ooc: Hits Hound 2 (thanks to CA) and Hound 3 (bloodying it), misses the goblin).

Unfortunately, Alek's attack misses its target.

The hounds respond with a fury of gnashing, diseased jaws. However, their attacks are mostly ineffective. Only Growl is hit, and while the bite is weak, he too is nauseated by the effect.

[sblock=Status]Initiative:
24: Blighted hound 1 (-0, cursed)
24: Blighted hound 2 (-30, bloodied)
24: Blighted hound 3 (-21, bloodied, ongoing 5 damage)
24: Blighted hound 4 (-0)
18: Lephisto (8/27, bloodied) <== Your turn.
15: Goblin (-0)
14: Growl (25/30, ongoing 5 necrotic damage)
12: Feyr (26/26)
10: Adran (28/28)
9: Alek (30/30)

Hound 1 attacks Adran, and misses. Hound 2 moves to K16 and attacks Lephisto, and misses. Hound 3 attacks Feyr, and misses. Hound 4 charges Growl and hits, causing 5 necrotic damage and 5 ongoing necrotic damage. Here are the rolls. Also, Hound 3 fails its save against the ongoing damage.[/sblock]

Code:
[FONT=Courier New]    A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T
=============================================
00|[/FONT][FONT=Courier New][COLOR=DarkGreen]. . .[/COLOR][/FONT][FONT=Courier New] . . . . [COLOR=DarkGreen].[/COLOR] [COLOR=DarkGreen]. . . .[/COLOR] . . . . [COLOR=DarkGreen]. . . . .[/COLOR]|
01|[/FONT][FONT=Courier New][COLOR=DarkGreen]. . .[/COLOR][/FONT][FONT=Courier New] . . . . . [COLOR=DarkGreen]. . .[/COLOR] . . . . [COLOR=DarkGreen][COLOR=White].[/COLOR] . . . . .[/COLOR]|
02|[/FONT][FONT=Courier New][COLOR=DarkGreen]. . .[/COLOR][/FONT][FONT=Courier New] . . . . . . . . . . . . [COLOR=DarkGreen]. . . . . .[/COLOR]|
03|[/FONT][FONT=Courier New][COLOR=DarkGreen]. . . .[/COLOR][/FONT][FONT=Courier New] . . . . . . . . . . . [COLOR=DarkGreen]. . . . . .[/COLOR]|
04|[/FONT][FONT=Courier New][COLOR=DarkGreen]. . . . .[/COLOR][/FONT][FONT=Courier New] . . . . . . [/FONT][FONT=Courier New]. . . [COLOR=DarkGreen]. . . . . . .[/COLOR]|
05|[/FONT][FONT=Courier New][COLOR=DarkGreen]. . . . . .[/COLOR][/FONT][FONT=Courier New] . . . . . . . . [COLOR=DarkGreen]. . . . . . .[/COLOR]|
06|[/FONT][FONT=Courier New][COLOR=DarkGreen]. . . . . . . . [COLOR=White].[/COLOR][/COLOR][/FONT][FONT=Courier New] . . . . . [COLOR=DarkGreen]. . . . . . .[/COLOR]|
07|[COLOR=DarkGreen]. . . . . . . . . [/COLOR]. . . . . [COLOR=DarkGreen]. . . . . . .[/COLOR]|
08|[COLOR=DarkGreen]. . . . . . . . .[/COLOR] . . . . . [COLOR=DarkGreen]. . . . . . .[/COLOR]|
09|[COLOR=DarkGreen]. . . . . . . . .[/COLOR] .[/FONT][FONT=Courier New] . . . . [COLOR=DarkGreen]. . . . . . .[/COLOR]|
10|[COLOR=DarkGreen]. . . . . . . .[/COLOR] . . . . . . [COLOR=DarkGreen]. . . . . . .[/COLOR]|
11|[COLOR=DarkGreen]. . . . . . . .[/COLOR] . .[/FONT][FONT=Courier New] . . . [COLOR=DarkGreen].[/COLOR] [COLOR=DarkGreen]. . . . . . .[/COLOR]|
12|[COLOR=DarkGreen]. . . . . . . .[/COLOR] . . . . . [COLOR=DarkGreen].[/COLOR] [COLOR=DarkGreen]. . . . . . .[/COLOR]|
13|[COLOR=DarkGreen]. . . . . . .[/COLOR] . . . . . . [COLOR=DarkGreen]. . . . . . . .[/COLOR]|
14|[COLOR=DarkGreen]. . . . . .[/COLOR] . .[/FONT][FONT=Courier New][COLOR=DimGray]h[/COLOR][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][COLOR=DimGray]1[/COLOR][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][COLOR=DimGray]h[/COLOR][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][COLOR=DimGray]4[/COLOR][/FONT][FONT=Courier New] .[/FONT][FONT=Courier New][COLOR=DarkRed]g[/COLOR][/FONT][FONT=Courier New]. .[/FONT][FONT=Courier New][COLOR=DarkGreen] . . . . .[/COLOR][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][COLOR=DarkGreen] . [/COLOR][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][COLOR=DarkGreen]. .[/COLOR]|
15|[COLOR=DarkGreen]. . . . .[/COLOR] [COLOR=DarkGreen].[/COLOR] . .[/FONT][FONT=Courier New][COLOR=YellowGreen]C[/COLOR][/FONT][FONT=Courier New].[/FONT][FONT=Courier New][COLOR=Sienna]G[/COLOR][/FONT][FONT=Courier New].[COLOR=RoyalBlue]L[/COLOR]. [/FONT][FONT=Courier New].[/FONT][FONT=Courier New] [COLOR=DarkGreen]. .[/COLOR][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][COLOR=DimGray]h[/COLOR][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][COLOR=DimGray]3[/COLOR][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][COLOR=DarkGreen] . . . . . .[/COLOR]|
16|[COLOR=DarkGreen]. . . . .[/COLOR] [COLOR=DarkGreen].[/COLOR] . . . . .[/FONT][FONT=Courier New][COLOR=DimGray]h[/COLOR][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][COLOR=DimGray]2[/COLOR][/FONT][FONT=Courier New] [COLOR=DarkGreen]. .[/COLOR][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][COLOR=Yellow]F[/COLOR][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][COLOR=DarkGreen]. . . . . . .[/COLOR]|
17|[COLOR=DarkGreen]. . . . .[/COLOR] [COLOR=DarkGreen].[/COLOR] . . .[COLOR=Lime]A[/COLOR]. . . [COLOR=DarkGreen]. . . . . . . . .[/COLOR]|
18|[COLOR=DarkGreen]. . . . .[/COLOR] [COLOR=DarkGreen].[/COLOR] . . .[COLOR=Olive]y[/COLOR]. . . [COLOR=DarkGreen]. . . . . . . . .[/COLOR]|
19|[COLOR=DarkGreen]. . . . .[/COLOR] [COLOR=DarkGreen].[/COLOR] . . . . . . [COLOR=DarkGreen]. . . . . . . . .[/COLOR]|
=============================================[/FONT]

Last edited:

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
ooc:Damn, you slipped in quickly. Sorry, but your choices are actually between Hound 1 and the goblin. I hadn't realized that Adran hit and pushed Hound 2 when I was writing that part of the update.

Lephisto

First Post
[sblock=OOC]What should I do? I'm getting raped hard. Just a quick question: Can I spend a healing surge and attack in the same turn[/sblock]

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
[sblock=ooc]You can use your second wind, which allows you to spend a healing surge and gain +2 to all defenses for a turn, but that takes your standard action, so you wouldn't be able to attack without an action point. You could also use Lay on Hands as a minor action, but you only get two of those a day. Or you could hope the goblin doesn't drop you, and wait for Boddynock to use a Majestic Word (which is also a minor action, btw), which is the most efficient option. Although I have to say, that while the goblin has a good chance of missing you, if he does hit he's pretty likely to drop you (1d10+5 damage).[/sblock]

Velmont

First Post
[SBLOCK=Lephisto]If I were you, I would take a chance, and go for Bolstering Strike on Hound 2 and hope the goblin miss you. Even if he hit you, you Bolstering Strike will have given you some temporary hit points if you hit. Also, you might finish hound 2 with that, and get rid of that bracket.

Adran's should heal you this round.

But hey, I'm not the one to take that chance, so it's your call.[/SBLOCK]

Remove ads