Blight Makes Right (DM: TwoHeadsBarking. Judge: Lord Sessadore)

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
ooc: Nature, I suppose. I would guess a few hours, but it occurs to me that I have no idea how long it would actually take to boil away a full cauldron of water. In this case, it really doesn't matter.

You spend a few hours boiling away the contents of the cauldron while Yelder keeps a nervous watch. Eventually all that remains is a crusty residue.

"Blech. I don't envy your job. Let's get going."

Barring objections, Yelder leads you back through the marsh as darkness falls. "It's getting late. Feld will want to see you as soon as you get back. After that though, you'll be free to head back to Daunton. Although you may want to wait until morning."

You notice that Yelder is becoming more like himself (ie, terse and mildly surly) the farther you get from the clearing.

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
Yelder dutifully takes you to the town of Hilgrund. As you approach, you notice that the town is surrounded by farms, and that more than a couple of them have recently burned down. By now it is dark, and there are very few people on the streets. Those who are still about give you strange looks as they pass. You are led to an estate which, while nicer that anything else you've seen in this town, certainly doesn't compare to what you may have seen in Daunton. Yelder holds a quick conversation with one of the two guards at the entrance. When it's over, the guard heads into the manor while Yelder turns back to you.

"Right, there's something I have to take care of. I'll meet up with you when you're done with Feld."

The tracker quickly makes his way through the streets, and you soon lose sight of him. A couple minute pass before the guard returns from the house and addresses you:

"Mayor Feld will see you now. Please come with me."

The guard leads you into the building. The interior is much like the exterior: well made, but not opulent.
You are taken to an office, in which sits a man you assume is Mayor Feld. Feld is a tall, thin man, younger than you might have expected. He also looks very tired. He smiles wearily as he sees you.

"Ah, yes. Welcome to my home, as well as to Hilgrund. You may wait outside," he tells the guard. After the man has done so, Feld turns back to you. "Please," he gestures at the nearby chairs, "feel free to sit. I am Jonas Feld, mayor of this humble town. I am told that you have good news, yes? Perhaps an end to our troubles?"

Velmont

First Post
"Probably. The druid who have been protecting the swamp have been seriously wounded during the last month by an hunter. He has been kind of vengeful since that event and he had created a mixture that was the cause of the sickness that have spread among the goblin. With that sickness, the goblin would be bolster for a short time and would annoy you much before dying under the druid's sickness. We neutralize the druid for good and we made sure that his creation was destroyed.

Their might be a few goblins running around, but the one who was contaminated should die within the next week, for the others, they will see there source of power gone and maybe they will have understand that the gift of the druid wasn't really one. In any case I think you will be seeing the end of that story."

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
Feld's face pales, "My gods, Garron? He was behind this, and you, you killed him?" Feld looks down at the ground for a long while before continuing. "I suppose you did what you had to." He sighs, then collects himself. For a moment he looks much older, but it passes. "Hilgrund is in your debt, sirs. I was prepared to offer 400 gold coins to whoever solved our problem, so the money is yours." He stands, walks over to the corner of the room and picks up a small chest. He brings it over and opens it, revealing the glittering metal within. "I hope this is satisfactory. Now, if there is nothing else, I think I would very much like to go to sleep."

garyh

First Post
"I had no desire to slay Garron, but like a mad dog, he had to be put down," Growl says. "We will leave you to your rest, then"

Velmont

First Post
"Not exactly. The druid was dead, killed by an hunter. Or I should say he should have been dead, but his madness and his power kept him alive. He was teling that your people was destroying slowly but surely the nature, but by giving you that disease, you would die and your corpse would feed the nature so it could heal back. The end justify the mean could have been kinda his philosophy. So yes, we had to finish your hunters work so he could not put to an end his plans." replies Feyr.

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
The mayor's gaze hardens. "I see. Those responsible will be brought to justice. I owe Garron that much." He blinks. "But this doesn't concern you. You have done enough already. Thank you."

At this the guard reenters the room and leads you out to the street. Yelder has already returned, carrying a long object wrapped in cloth. He nods appreciatively at your reward.

"Well done. You certainly deserve it. And, uh, speaking of which..." Yelder hastily unwraps the bundle. Inside is a sword sheathed in a scabbard, both well-crafted. "This was a gift from, well, a friend. Only I can't use the thing. Probably should've sold it, but that seems like a poor thing to do with a gift. I figure you can probably put it to better use than me. You know, what with the helping people, fighting the good fight, all that nonsense. She was always a fan of that." The last sentence is muttered, more to himself than to you. With a grunt he pushes the weapon into Adran's hands.

[sblock=Yes, but what is it?]Harsh Songblade +1 of the longsword variety. So, maybe some shuffling of the earlier treasure is in order.

Final xp and treasure count will be coming later today.[/sblock]

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
[sblock=Time to reap the rewards]XP:
Encounter 1: 5 level 2 monsters -> 5x125 = 625 xp.
After this the double xp proposal passed.
Encounter 2: 1 level 1 monster, 4 level 2 monsters, 1 level 3 monster -> (100 + 4x125 + 150)x2 = 1500 xp.
Skill Challenge: Level 1, complexity 3 -> (300)x2 = 600 xp.
Encounter 4: 2 level 1 monster, 2 level 2 monsters, 1 level 3 elite -> (2x100 + 2x125 + 300)x2 = 1500
Quest Completed: (500)x2 = 1000 xp.

Total Party xp: 5225 xp
XP per person: 5225/5 + 3x83 (time xp for three months) = 1045 + 249 = 1294 xp, which means you all get to level up.
Should Lephisto return, he will receive 125 xp for the first encounter.

Gold:
37 + 39 + 400 = 476 gp, which includes time gold.
Wait, why is that not a round number? That's dumb. I'm going to round that up. The chest itself is worth 4 gp. There, 480 gp.

Treasure:
Rod of Corruption +1 and a Healing Potion, found here. (The other potion was used)

Chainmail +1, Enduring Beast Hide +1, and a Lucky Charm +1, all found here.

Harsh Songblade +1, found here.

DM Points:
I get six for a three month adventure.

So, Lord Sess needs to sign off on this, and mechanically all you guys need to do is split the gold and the potion and you can be on your ways. I don't mean to be rushing you out; it's just that I've been delaying Fragsie's game by not letting garyh go. You can certainly roleplay your goodbyes and such, and I'll be around until the last person leaves.

So, thoughts? On the story or how I ran things? Anything you particularly liked? Anything you thought I could improve upon?

Thanks for putting up with that first retro map and all my "save ends" shenanigans. I'm considering running a follow-up adventure, but that won't be for quite a while.[/sblock]

Remove ads