• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Blindness/darkness bug

DariusTheWizard

First Post
Morrus:

The bug happened twice to me, as follows.

1. Went into the drow city.
2. Had true seeing via spell.
3. Can't remember if it got dispelled or not. I believe not, though.
4. Left city and rested.
5. Was attacked while resting. Was blind due to some underdark effect, I believe. Cast true seeing (for sure the second time. Can't remember if I did the first time.)
6. Fled back into the city. At this point, even with my true seeing spell and the darkness icon gone, I still could not see. On the first go, I was killed and remained blind after respawning, even in Ecumbria and Ascension, so I tried relogging and it fixed the problem. On the second go, I relogged after reentering the city and once again it worked.

BTW, before I understood what caused the darkness effect, I thought it was a similar bug so I tried relogging, only to have the darkness icon back when I re-entered. After casting true seeing, I finally understood. The bug is a separate issue entirely.

Also, the bug didn't happen to Maelzeloth, but his true seeing is on an item rather than a spell.

If you have any questions, let me know.

Thanks,

Darius Nanethain

Asmo

First Post
This happened to Bognar as well (while in the Underdark), and the only thing that seems to help is indeed an item that grants True Seeing.

Asmo

Celia_Gyweth

First Post
similiar problem

I was in the north map of the Forgotten Forest, and when I came back to town, darkness was still cast on my charecter, but there was no icon showing that effect. I logged out, and then back in, and everything was fine. Just an FYI.

Asmo

First Post
I´ve a similar problem in that area,but it´s where the drow are, and when they are attacking and casting spells (Freedom of movement, Darkness?). The whole area is flooded in some weird green light ( even after you kill them),and the effect continues even if you leave the area.The effect is still on the charcter.
Only way for me to get rid of this effect is to log off and on again - even an item of True Seeing doesn´t help from this effect. Very strange.

Asmo

Remove ads