• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Blood and Doom: A WoD version of Conan.

Ferruccio

Villager
Post Script: I'm now all-in on Shadowdark, which should say something about the direction I've gone in my gaming preferences, and add some context to my criticisms. Quick and easy chargen, sparse character sheets, not much dice rolling.

EDIT: Which doesn't mean I have to criticize other people's hard work on the kind of games they enjoy.
Thank you! And totally understandable. I can see how this is appealing (I backed it myself too!) and it's just personal taste for the most part. I tend to gravitate more towards games that have slightly more crunch and come with some kind of setting or atmosphere to immerse myself in. Numenera is a good example, though I found it hard to get used to the mechanics of that game.

If nothing else, check out the Guide to Athyr and Twelve Pillars of Doom which are included in the free Blood and Doom Primer Bundle. One book describes the world, its regions, settings, NPCs, and includes travel encounters and hex maps. The other is all about cults. You may find some nice material there to use for any game, including Shadowdark.

Remove ads