• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Bloodcut Armour PHB - any nerfs ?

chitzk0i

Explorer
PHB p.226:
Healing Surge: You begin with one use of the power per day, like a daily power. You can renew this item’s power by taking a standard action to funnel your vitality into the item, spending a healing surge in the process. Spending a healing surge in this way doesn’t restore hit points, and this standard action is separate from the action required to activate the item’s power.

Frankie1969

Adventurer
edit: never mind, already explained.

Enworld's hybrid mode display is worse than useless. It actively conceals parts of the discussion and causes self-ninja-ing.

Last edited:

Istar

First Post
I'm wondering if you bother to read the pages people cite for you when you ask rules questions.

Wait... no I'm not.

Sorry my bad, I thought he was referring me to Bloodcut armour description, which I thought was page 226.

But Bloodcut is 227.

But good to see my answer was basically 1 page away on 226.

Istar

First Post
PHB p.226:

Okay so its basically an Encounter power.

The 2nd use of each day, requiring a Healing Surge ?

I think total defence as a standard action more likely to be better than using a standard action to recharge this.

I guess you might use it when you are immobolised away from attack or cant do anything else.

OSEZNO

First Post
They likely originally designed it this way as an in-between for encounter and daily powers.

It's like an encounter power plus. You're not meant to, in my mind, recharge it in the middle of an encounter (though you can), but instead of just wanting it to be a regular encounter power that recharges with a short rest, this one is a little more costly. (2nd, 3rd, 4th... etc. uses costing a surge).

MrBeens

First Post
Okay so its basically an Encounter power.

The 2nd use of each day, requiring a Healing Surge ?

I think total defence as a standard action more likely to be better than using a standard action to recharge this.

I guess you might use it when you are immobolised away from attack or cant do anything else.

Or during a short rest so you can use it more than once per day, but using more than once during an encounter is expensive (in terms of actions).

Remove ads