• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Blooded template

Geist

First Post
Soldarins ECL ranks these guys in at around a ECL +1 after rounding down however im not sure of theyre CR. of if there ECL should maybe be increased.

Blooded

Blooded are people who’s life blood has been infused with that of a dragon. A blooded looks much like it would as any other member of its race except for the fact they tend to be bigger and stronger than other members of their race. A blooded has skin that is smooth to the touch however upon a detailed inspection a person will realize the skin is made up of very many small scales, which match the skin tone of their race. The blooded generally have a hair color and attitude of their dragons color. Though their attitude can vary depending on how they were raised.

"Blooded" is a template that can be added to any corporeal creature (referred to hereafter as the "base creature"). The creature’s type becomes "dragon." It uses all the base creature’s statistics and special abilities except as noted here.

Hit Dice: Increase by one die type, to a maximum of d12

Speed: +10 movement

AC: Natural armor improves by +2.

Damage: blooded have a higher unarmed damage based on the fact it has a larger size and weight than its base race and also the fact that its armored skin makes its fists harder.

Unarmed
Size Damage
---- ------
Fine 1
Diminutive 1d2
Tiny 1d3
Small 1d4
Medium-size 1d6
Large 1d8
Huge 2d6
Gargantuan 2d8
Colossal 4d6

Special Qualities: A Blooded has all the special qualities of the base creature, plus low-light vision and dark vision with a range of 60 feet. Bloodedare immune to sleep and paralysis effects, as well as additional immunities based on their dragon variety.

Dragon Variety Immunity
-------------- --------
Black Acid
Blue Electricity
Green Acid
Red Fire
White Cold
Brass Fire
Bronze Electricity
Copper Acid
Gold Fire
Silver Cold

Saves: Same as the base creature

Abilities: Increase from the base creature as follows: Str +4, Dex +0, Con +2, Int +2, Wis +0, Cha +4.

Skills: A Blooded has 6 skill points, plus its Intelligence modifier, per Hit Die. Treat skills from the base creature’s list as class skills and other skills as cross-class. If the creature has a class, it gains skills for class levels normally.

Feats: blooded have one feat for every four levels, or the base creature’s total of feats, whichever is greater.

Last edited:

Geist

First Post
lol sorry was still pasteing it in and posted on accident before i was totaly finished.

im thinking theyre a CR +1 or +2 not sure.

as i said soldarins rates them as a +1 ECL but even that im not sure of as being right.

Crothian

First Post
What's the ecl of a half dragon...I saw the CR was +2, but couldn't find the ecl...or is that the same thing...one for templates, the other for races.

dvvega

Explorer
I would make them ECL +2 at the least and would be tempted to push them to the +3 of a half-dragon.

Why? Because although a Half-Dragon has more advantages, they have the disadvantage of being obvious ... I don't know about your world, but if you have half-dragons running around in packs then why not just use Half-Dragons instead of making something new.

If you don't have Half-Dragons as common as hell, then it would seem that you have created this race in an effort to gain benefits, and avoid physical bad things.

Geist

First Post
looking for something a bit differnt than half-dragons.

also halfdragons don necisarily have to look like freaks i mean alot of them can look very normal.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads