• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Blue Dragons: Sand or Sea

Blue Dragons should live

• In the Sands and Deserts

Votes: 72 54.5%
  • On the Coasts and Seas

Votes: 50 37.9%
  • Something Complete Different

Votes: 10 7.6%

I'm A Banana

Potassium-Rich
To me, Blue is that cleverness and deceit. Green, to me, are more egomaniacs -- manipulative of peoples thoughts and ideas, but more with direct control than with trickery and deception. If the byword for a Blue dragon is "Mirage," the byword for a Green dragon is "Corruption." Green dragons will corrupt minds, poison water, and eventually deform the forest to their sadistic will. Interacting with a Green dragon is a contest of willpower (to resist its mental influence) and fortitude (to resist its physical corruption). Greens demand tribute. Blues are more solitary, and interacting with one is more a test of intellect (to figure out its lies and puzzles). Blues don't need cultists or sychophants, but they enjoy having rivals and contests of elaborate deception.

Actually, the byword for Green is "Bad Digestion", which is the explanation for their noxious breath weapon, as well as their tendency to live alone in swamps, where the local flora and fauna mask their malodorous nature. They are bad tempered from being constantly alone and sexually frustrated; even Greens do not find other Greens attractive. On the plus side, the Green is the only dragon that can simultaneously employ its cloud-shaped breath weapon both fore and aft.

Steely_Dan

First Post
The Green to me has always been the sinister, Fey-related, sneaky guy (enemies with unicorns).

Big part of my Planescape (Outlands/Tir-Na-Nog) campaign.

avin

First Post
If someone wants sea dragons or sky dragons, then add sea dragons or sky dragons. But that really is no reason to take away the blue desert dragon that people have been using for 30 years.

Well, not me... the first time I opened AD&D2E and read that I changed blue to coastlines.

4E changed nothing to me.

That's my preference for some semblance of "natural selection" type coloration and environment crossing. White alligators don't live long in the swamps.

That's how I do.

Everytime I see something in D&D that makes poor sense, I change it.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads