D&D 5E Blue ONE, An attempt at a TRUE 5e Basic version

Tales and Chronicles

Jewel of the North, formerly know as vincegetorix
One cool thing would be to let fighters able to do a single attack even when paralyzed or stunned.

And, I dont know how I'd do the exact wording, but something that let's you make a save at the start of your turn instead of a the end of it when afflicted by a ongoing condition. Like the 4e warden.

Stalker0

Legend
Just found this and started a perusal. I'll update with any specifics I find. I do really like the art style, especially for the races.

One change suggestion: Extra Attacks (Fighter). You mention the not stacking with cannon fodder under the 10th level heading, which does suggest cannon fodder DOES stack with your base two attacks. I don't think that was your intent, more that cannon fodder just doesn't stack with extra attacks period. If that is the case, I recommend putting in the note about it not stacking BEFORE the 10th level alteration.

Also noting that the haste spell grants an extra attack action (meaning 3 more attacks for a 10th level fighter). Just confirming that is intentional.

Last edited:

Sacrosanct

Legend
And, I dont know how I'd do the exact wording, but something that let's you make a save at the start of your turn instead of a the end of it when afflicted by a ongoing condition. Like the 4e warden.
I think I like this better than what I have for combat vet. :)

So here's how the fighter is looking

fighter.jpg

cbwjm

Seb-wejem
Just out of interest, I know you have weapon master, but after reading ACKS, I quite like the idea of the fighter gain a bonus to damage with all weapons. I was thinking that adding half their level would be good. It would make them deadlier and further differentiate them from a rogue or wizard using weapons.

Stalker0

Legend
One thing that confuses me. With the push to streamlining skills, ie all classes get proficiency in a stats worth of skills (rather than individual skills), why are there still individual skills at all?

Shouldn't there just be 6 skills (ie the stats), and then players just use those stats whenever they want to do a skill like thing? I like the streamlined approach, it makes sense from a basic dnd approach, but then it seems needlessly complicated to then add skills back in.

TwoSix

Dirty, realism-hating munchkin powergamer
I think charmed handles that fairly well, but adding Stunned would really give the feature some oomph! :)
Stunned has a bit of an issue in that the condition prevents you from taking actions, thus spending an action to get rid of it becomes impossible.

I like "reroll at start of turn" a little better because it's somewhat less powerful, especially if the save being targeted is a weak one, but it impacts a wider range of effects than just "charmed/frightened".

Remove ads