Boards RPing

Elf_Ariel

First Post
I was just curious. Initially, before I found ISRP I used to RP on a boards based site. It was a great way of playing, I found, as actions and words, worlds, plans and everything therein were more thoroughly thought out. I know how much fun real-timing a storyline can be, dont get me wrong...but I've often found justice and entertainment in a good emailed/boards RP.

Am I the only one? Am I a member of the wrong community here? I must admit, I haven't bothered to look and see whether there's such a place in the Enworld community where I can vent such a habit. But I am curious...as to who else shares my habit? And perhaps, sometime in the near future who is interested in satisfying their habit with me.

There's quite a few factors that lead me down this path, less online time, the time-zone issues, the time of year, the dramas and stressors of real life. I dont want to stop RPing, I find immense pleasure from it, otherwise I wouldn't be here! But I do find that weekend only RPing isn't quite as satisfying. So I put forth an idea, and see what the response is from this community. I want to play with the people I've grown to enjoy and trust. I dont really find a place for non-room based RPs on ISRP boards. If I have to go elsewhere it's not an issue, but it would be nice, to keep playing with those I know already.

Maybe I'm just off my chops so to speak...who knows...?!

Slyen

First Post
Eh, figured I'd reply, not that you know of me or anything. That and I might as well increase my post count by one! :p

I agree it can be fun and more thought tends to be put into replies than in a chat. In fact thats what I mainly do for RPing nowadays and its pretty much what has kept me busy during my long vacations away from ISRP.

I guess all I'm saying is that your not alone out there?

Kallikrates

First Post
I haven't even given thought to board/email RPing.

Guess I like the online RPing too much to even think of a delayed situation.

But board RPing makes sense with time zone differences.
I usually only RP on the weekends as well.

Really haven't had time to solidify my characters back up to where I had them months ago.

Even then they were liquidy!

Ya...college. :p

Guess board RPing might make sense for me too.

Hmmm....let me ask my multiple personalities and I'll get back to you...

Imreis

First Post
Actually there is quite a few that I know of. I host one myself actually, which is based on a set of rooms on the Den. The boards are open for anyone to come RP in, so feel free to drop on in and RP and join our boards.

Boards

Magi_Trelian

First Post
There is a section for play-by-post on EN World, which is why we haven't started an ISRP-specific subsection here.

Check this area: http://www.enworld.org/forumdisplay.php?f=62

"Talking the Talk" is to recruit for your game and for a thread to handle general OOC discussions.

"Playing the Game" is for the in-char game itself.

You can also keep a thread running here to let ISRP players know that a game that might interest them is available there.

Elf_Ariel

First Post
Slyen said:
I guess all I'm saying is that your not alone out there?
Thanks darlin, it's good to know. Perhaps I'll catch you 'round the lurks some time, if I'm lucky.

Kallikrates said:
Hmmm....let me ask my multiple personalities and I'll get back to you...
You're always welcome. You know that with me. I look forward to your presence and enjoyable company as well as expertise.

Imreis said:
Actually there is quite a few that I know of. I host one myself actually, which is based on a set of rooms on the Den. The boards are open for anyone to come RP in, so feel free to drop on in and RP and join our boards.
I have frequented in past times...hehe before I went awol. I really should return. But what I'm looking for is a place where there aren't room restrictions. Most of the play-by-post RPs I've been involved in span several different settings, and require an environment that's highly adaptive, as well as players that are adaptive. It has a tendancy where key points of a storyline are created, and it's up to all the players to fill in the gaps and flesh out the story. It's very much an acquired taste I think...but a good one none the less.

Thankyou Trelian, that's very much what I'm looking for. Now all I've gotta do is con and twist everyone's legs to come and join me! :p

Ruthia

First Post
I'm a boards RPer from WAY back, so if these suggestions don't work let me know and I can show you a few other boards :)

Josie

First Post
I actually started 'RPing' with a friend when we were in junior high. Which was over the phone. Then came D&D, then boards, and then ISRP. I do like the boards. It feels like you have more time to think out what you want to do or to go back and read what's happened to kind of get a feel for things. The only problem I have with the boards is that you get into a storyline with people and sometimes it takes -forever- to get a reply. I am an assistant manager to boards site with a friend on MSN. I love it.

Slyen

First Post
Elf_Ariel said:
I have frequented in past times...hehe before I went awol. I really should return. But what I'm looking for is a place where there aren't room restrictions. Most of the play-by-post RPs I've been involved in span several different settings, and require an environment that's highly adaptive, as well as players that are adaptive. It has a tendancy where key points of a storyline are created, and it's up to all the players to fill in the gaps and flesh out the story. It's very much an acquired taste I think...but a good one none the less.

I'm not exactly sure if it's worth your time or even what your looking for but you might want to take a look into a board named "Twisted Worlds". Completely (Almost?) free form and a mish mash of settings really ( In relationships to themes like magic and technology and monsters and stuff).

Well my idea if all else fails.

Kallikrates

First Post
Expertise!?!

All my personalities got a laugh at that one.

Might be because I'm...we...us...*coughs*...are crazy...

But I digress...

Oh..look...1:30 a.m.

Remove ads