• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Book Covers?

Scribble

First Post
I remember back in the day when I went to conventions something I tended to see for sale was book covers... I always thought they looked neat, but never actually bought one.

Do they still sell these things? (And I mean fantasy related covers intended to be used with game books, not just book covers in general.)

Did any of you use them? Do any of you cover your game books?

I remember back in the day when I went to conventions something I tended to see for sale was book covers... I always thought they looked neat, but never actually bought one.

Do they still sell these things? (And I mean fantasy related covers intended to be used with game books, not just book covers in general.)

Did any of you use them? Do any of you cover your game books?

I got a leather cover at GenCon. It's got a neat lock on it, I'm currently using it for my 4ephb untill my copy of Pathfinder gets here. I'll see if I can dig up the name of the company who made it.

El Mahdi

Muad'Dib of the Anauroch
I got a leather cover at GenCon. It's got a neat lock on it, I'm currently using it for my 4ephb untill my copy of Pathfinder gets here. I'll see if I can dig up the name of the company who made it.

Any luck on finding the company name (or a link:D). I'd be really interested in this also.

usdmw

First Post
You're probably referring to Dragonskins from Chessex. I have a ton of them. I think Chessex MIGHT have some for sale (they did 2 years ago), but you'd probably have to call and ask.

They can also be found on ebay, and through merchants like nobleknight.com.

David W

Weregrognard

First Post
I've always used clear plastic laminate (such as Contact Paper) on my most heavily used books. It really extends the life of the book.

Ketherian

Explorer
Rrenaissance Art makes beautiful leather hand-tooled covers. The web site allows you to specify the size of the cover you need in three dimensions, as well as offering a few extras (fancy closures, embossing, etc) and as much customization as you want.

I've not purchased a Renaissance art project, but they are highly spoken of in another forum that I visit.

El Mahdi

Muad'Dib of the Anauroch
Found it, and a link to go with it: The Crimson Chain: Books

The one I bought was the game book cover ($45 if I remember correctly) in a dark green with a tarnished bronze colored lock. I would have gotten a few more, but it was gencon and I had a lot of other things that I wanted to buy.

Much apreciated. Those look really awesome. Thanks a lot. Also, thanks Ketherion. When I finally make a consolidated book of my system, rules, DM stuff, and campaign stuff, I'd like to put it in something like this. It would look really cool to sit down at the gametable as DM and pull out an ancient looking, leather bound tome.

dogoftheunderworld

Adventurer
Supporter
Found it, and a link to go with it: The Crimson Chain: Books

The one I bought was the game book cover ($45 if I remember correctly) in a dark green with a tarnished bronze colored lock. I would have gotten a few more, but it was gencon and I had a lot of other things that I wanted to buy.

Excellent! I had been looknig since last GenCon for these guys. I picked up one cover this year, but had (once again) forgotten to get the name of the company.

Thanks,

Brian
<><

Remove ads