• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Book of Iron Might

Macbeth

First Post
Wow. I think we should use this book. The Manuever system is great.

It's rare that I feel a book is good enough that I should be beg for it to be added to a campaign, but this book seems like a perfect fit for our group's needs.

Recently we've started describing our attacks in more detail. This has added a lot of flavor to the fighters in the group (mostly Li, Ayla and Tormal). I think the mauever system in the Book of Iron Might is a great way to add a nother layer to this: it allows you to design your own attacks. Maybe it's just cause I play one of the fighter characters, but I think this is great. It allows us fighter types to:

a) Do more then 'just' attack.

b)Create manuevers to fit our fighting styles

I know both Tormal and Li are placing a heavy emphasis on HOW they fight (wolf style for Tormal, and the Psychic Samurai style Li is developing), and I think this system is a great way to reflect that. Some people don't like to play combat characters because they're too boring, and I think the manuever system is a great way to fix that percieved problem.

And for those of you uninterested in buying another book, Don't worry. THe system is completely transparent, and as far as I can tell, gives no undue advantage to fighter-types, just more options.

I know it's not my place to say what is and isn't in the campaign, but I'd really like to see this book at least considered.

BSF

Explorer
I've been chatting with Sage on the BoIM. I think we will give this some playtest action to see how well it works. We have plenty of Gnolls around right now, so we should be able to get a few attempts in.

Off the top of my head, I am going to say that PC's get a number of maneuvers = to their BAB. fighters will probably get some bonus maneuvers.

I will let Li test them first, since he is the only one I know of who has purchased the BoIM. He has been gracious enough to offer to draft a couple of other maneuvers if he has the time. We will test it a little bit and see if it brings something new to the game. If we like it, we can make it official. If not, then we at least gave it a try.

Remove ads