Boston gameday on Oct 22nd! (Sign-up here at 7pm Mon Oct 10th)

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
It's gameday time! Barsoomcore and Rodrigo are in town, and I'm hosting a gameday at my house in Newton.

WHEN? The gameday is on Saturday, October 22nd. Breakfast at 8:30am, 1st session at 9:30am - 1:30pm, lunch from 1:30pm - 2:30pm, 2nd session from 2:30pm - 6:30pm, dinner and hanging out after that.

Bring stuff to share for breakfast; we can hit restaurants for lunch; I'll probably have BBQ for dinner for anyone who wants to kick in for it.

WHEN CAN I SIGN UP? Signups are open now.

WHERE? Newton, MA.

[sblock=DIRECTIONS HERE!]Schedule for Saturday!

WHERE: 723 Beacon St, Newton MA. It's a white house with a white picket fence and green shutters. Map

You can call or text me at 617-816-1200 if you need more detailed directions.

Where to park? I rent out space in my driveway (and can't block those people in), and Newton normally has 2-hour parking, so please park considerately around the corner in the red-circled area (my house is the green arrow). It's about a 3-minute walk back to the house.:
[sblock=Where to park]
ParkingMap.jpg

[/sblock]

If you're taking the T, I'm 2 minutes from the Green Line D branch, Newton Center stop. Get off the train and turn right. Walk up the path and cross Langley St. Walk down the hill towards the Gulf station. My house is on the other side of Beacon St, 2nd house.

WHEN: Games run 9:30 am-1:30 pm, and 2:30 pm-6:30 pm. Show up for breakfast any time after 8:30 am.

LOGISTICS: Bring something to share for breakfast. We'll order pizza for lunch.

If you're allergic to dogs, please medicate.

GAME SCHEDULE:

Morning slot

Living room:
Dining room:
Library:
Game room:
Porch:

Afternoon slot

Living room:
Dining room:
Library:
Game room:
Porch:[/sblock]

WHO? You! I'll be having simultaneous sign-up with the folks over at Circvs Maximvs.

SIGN-UP BEGINS AT 7PM MONDAY 10/10.

Games include:

----- o -----

MORNING SLOT:

Piratecat's Deadly Bedfellows (an Ashen Stars game), a new Robin Laws game of investigation and space opera using the GUMSHOE system from Pelgrane Press.

The political summit on this ancient space station was going to decide the fate of hundreds of planets. Now you're staring at a pool of blood, and a whole lot of people are staring at you. Freelance law enforcement out in the Bleed doesn't always end in murder investigation, but this time it sure did -- and the crew of the Nero is faced with solving about as high profile a murder as you can imagine.

Expect political intrigue, heavy roleplaying and alien hijinks. . for certain very deadly definitions of "hijinks." Rules will be taught.

(6 slots)

1. Rodrigo Istandilir
2. Qualidar
3. Barsoomcore
4. JC
5. Jack Graham
6. PostalKitty
Alt. Kitesh (currently scheduled in 4e game)

----- o -----

Pseudonym's Red Shirts, Green Women (Microlite20)

Captain's Log, Stardate 3928.3. Starfleet Command has informed us that the Federation ambassador en route to the Neutral Zone for critical negotiations with the Romulans has been kidnapped by Orion pirates. Turns out we're the only ship in the sector...

Join the crew of the USS Columbia on their mission to boldly go Where No Man Has Gone Before! An Old School Star Trek game for six players.

Characters:
Captain Horatio Jones, Captain of the USS Columbia
Commander Selvar, Science Officer
Dr. James MacDougall, Medical Officer
Lieutenant Ivan Ivanovich, Helmsman
Lieutenant Commander Gar, Engineer
Ensign What's his name, you know, the guy in the red shirt.

1. Princess Keyblade
2. FickleGM
3. Mrs. FickleGM
4. Ao the Overkitty
5. Orchid Blossom
6. Seonaid
Alt. WalkingCorpse (Currently scheduled in 4e game instead)

----- o -----

Silvermoon's "The Silver Age Teen Titans go to Woodstock" (Mutants & Masterminds)

It's August of 1969 and the members of the Justice League of America have headed off to Earth-2 to assist the Justice Society against the cosmic being known as Aquarius. Thus, the JLA's trusty sidekicks have been left at home with nothing to do. They then hear about this groovy concert out in New York and decide to check it out. Three Days of Peace, Love and Music....what could possibly go wrong?

Possible Playing Characters: Aqualad, Beast Boy, Dove, Hawk, Kid Flash, Robin, Speedy, & Wonder Girl

1. SilverMoon Junior
2. ShadowDenizen
3. Bruce
4. Redtonic
Alt:

----- o -----

Zephrin the Lost's 4e game, Kingdom of the Blind, HAS BEEN CANCELED.

----- o -----

Umbran's Old School Hack: a hack of a hack of the original Red Box version of a certain popular hack-and-slash fantasy game. Designed to give you that retro feel, be quick to learn, create a character, create an adventure, and do awesome stuff! No experience necessary. All required rules will be taught, characters created to your liking, and the adventure improvised before your very eyes!

1. Tharian
2. WalkingCorpse
3. Kitesh
4. Dashwood
5. Brendan
6. Fustywumpus
Alt:

----- o -----

AFTERNOON SLOT:

JackGraham's THE JUSTIFIERS, an Eclipse Phase game run by the author.

This season's heroes on the Asteroid Belt's hottest superhero reality show get more than they bargained for while filming an episode where they take on a nest of space pirates.

1. Piratecat
2. Rodrigo Istandilir
3. SilverMoon Junior
4. Pseudonym
5. Postalkitty
6. Ao the Overkitty
Alt: Tharian

----- o -----

Barsoomcore's REFORM SCHOOL NINJA GIRLS

REFORM SCHOOL NINJA GIRLS: SUBSTITUTE TEACHER

What has become of the kindly Master Izawa, who teaches History and Ninja Traditon 305? And who is this substitute Master Tsao, and why does he hate you all so much? How are you ever going to get all this homework done when demons keep attacking your home room?

The girls must unravel the mystery, avoid getting expelled AND finish their term project! Getting good grades is harder than it seems at the Ninja Island Correctional Academy.

Characters:
Masayo: sort of the leader, if the others go along
Ritsuko: crazy gadget girl. Likes explosions.
Eri: pouty goth girl with two swords and a bad attitude.
Yumi: crazy hottie who talks to spirits.
Millicent: blonde ninja princess who walks through walls.
Ayako: cheerful and, uh, healthy.

System: not entirely clear. Maybe Leverage, maybe Panty Explosion, maybe DPoNI (Classic or Old School)
Players: 6 (which makes Leverage tricky but whatever)

Expect hackery and silliness. I will try to avoid making things too inappropriate, but I have no illusions about the likelihood of success in that regard. Prepare yourselves accordingly.

1. Qualidar
2. Orchid Blossom
3. Kitesh
4. KidCthulhu
5. Dashwood
6. Brendan
Alt:

----- o -----

PKB's Dragon Age - The Fall of the King

It has been three years since your journey to Orzammar and you have since been banished to the Wilds because "you are of no use to King Alexander". Since the banishment the King has put bandits in charge of tax collection and has become a tyrant, taking from the people to feed his own material gluttony. The Grey Wardens have decided something must be done.... it is time to unseat the king one way or the other.

6 players. No knowledge of the system is required.

1. Dantilla
2. ShadowDenizen
3. Tharian
4. Bruce
5. Redtonic
Alt:

----- o -----

JC's Cowboys & Globetrotters (Hollow Earth Expedition)
Gilded Age meets Victorian Age

What happens when you mix in the American Old West with Victorian Age Explorers?

Fun! That's what.

Join this explosive collection of historical and fictional characters as you team up to thwart the forces of darkness. Strap on your gun, finish your tea and pack your passport because adventure awaits!

Hollow Earth Expedition is powered by Exile Games' Ubiquity System. No knowledge of the rules is required and will be taught at the table. Just bring a writing implement and your wits! 6 seats.

1. SilverMoon
2. WalkingCorpse
3. FickleGM
4. Mrs. FickleGM
5. Seonaid
6. Umbran
Alt:

Last edited:

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Yum!

If you have a drop of a GM, or need another game, let me know, and I can brew up something.

Otherwise, I await signups...

...which I assume are on Monday, October 10, as Monday, October 1 doesn't occur until 2012, and that's a long lead-time for a gameday :p

Pseudonym

Ivan Alias
Pseudonym's Red Shirts, Green Women (Microlite20)

Captain's Log, Stardate 3928.3. Starfleet Command has informed us that the Federation ambassador en route to the Neutral Zone for critical negotiations with the Romulans has been kidnapped by Orion pirates. Turns out we're the only ship in the sector...

Join the crew of the USS Columbia on their mission to boldly go Where No Man Has Gone Before!

Characters:
Captain Horatio Jones, Captain of the USS Columbia
Commander Selvar, Science Officer
Dr. James MacDougall, Medical Officer
Lieutenant Ivan Ivanovich, Helmsman
Lieutenant Commander Gar, Engineer
Ensign What's his name, you know, the guy in the red shirt.

Last edited:

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
Updated!

Sign-up is at 7pm today, happening simultaneously here and over at CM (I will be AFK at the time, so please just don't jump the gun. Thanks!) I'll combine the sign-ups. Holler with any questions.

Qualidar

First Post
(cross posted)

For the morning, please put Princess KeyBlade in Pseudonym's Red Shirts, Green Women game (with PCat's Ashen Stars game as a backup).

Also, please put me in Piratecat's Ashen Stars game in the morning (with Pseudonym's Red Shirts, Green Women game as a back up) and for the afternoon game put me in Barsoomcore's game (with JC's game as a backup).

I have further backups for the backups, but I'll hold off to make it less confusing. :D

Silver Moon

Adventurer
For the morning slot SilverMoon Junior would like to play in my Teen Titans Go to Woodstock game.

For the afternoon SilverMoon Junior would like to play in "The Justifiers" game.

For the afternoon SilverMoon would like to play in JC's "Cowboys and Globetrotters".

Remove ads