• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Bother Around Beregost - Not really setting out to recruit right now but...

Wilphe

Adventurer
All things being equal, I was planning on re-recruting ready to pick up new party members at High Hedge proper, so not for a bit yet

Brogarn

First Post
Hey, Wilphe. Headed over here from my thread figuring this was a better place for this.

I'm a big FR fan and am interested in this game if you don't mind an ignorant new player. Do you have a rules post? Like where I'm supposed to do my rolls, what color of my text, etc?

I'm mulling over characters now, but have a few written up. They're at work, unfortunately, which I can't get into until Monday. I might be able to whip something up from memory, though, if you're looking to get a new character in sooner. I have a Human Cleric, Dwarven Wizard and Elven Rogue sorta fleshed out. Can come up with something else if necessary, though. Don't mind at all. Making character backgrounds is fun.

Anyways, I'll check in over this weekend to see what reply you have if any. I'm going to set up my account to allow emailing now if you want to get in touch that way.

industrygothica

Adventurer
Brogarn said:
Hey, Wilphe. Headed over here from my thread figuring this was a better place for this.

I'm a big FR fan and am interested in this game if you don't mind an ignorant new player. Do you have a rules post? Like where I'm supposed to do my rolls, what color of my text, etc?

I'm mulling over characters now, but have a few written up. They're at work, unfortunately, which I can't get into until Monday. I might be able to whip something up from memory, though, if you're looking to get a new character in sooner. I have a Human Cleric, Dwarven Wizard and Elven Rogue sorta fleshed out. Can come up with something else if necessary, though. Don't mind at all. Making character backgrounds is fun.

Anyways, I'll check in over this weekend to see what reply you have if any. I'm going to set up my account to allow emailing now if you want to get in touch that way.

Granted, I'm not the DM, but I can tell you where _we_ started, if you want something to chew on before Wilphe checks in again.

I believe we all started at 5th level, 28 point buy. Wilphe usually handles the majority of the dice rolling. At first I thought I'd have a problem with that, but I actually like it better that way now that I've seen it in action.

There's a ranger and a cleric in the party now. The fighter, rogue, wizard, and bard have all been consumed by the Great Crash. I dunno.. maybe they all failed a save? ;) Anyway, good luck to ya. Hope to see you around.

IG

Brogarn

First Post
Thanks, IG. =)

Looking back, I see a post from Wilphe about 9000 xp and Half Elves getting the Human extra starting feat. So, I'm working around that now and creating a HE Rogue (Do they still get the other partial "elven" bonuses? If so, how are Humans unique?).

Other than playing Neverwinter Nights and all the expansions, I've never worked up a 3.5e character, so I'll probably make some mistakes. I'm also a bit nervous about doing gear right. It's been too long since I played!

Wilphe

Adventurer
9000 XP (4th level with some change, 1000XP away from 5th)

7000 gp in equipment

Stats:28 point buyor

If you'd prefer rolled stats ask me, and I will go generate a set for you at Invisible Castle.

Favoured Classes will not apply.Instead, Humans and Half-Elves will get a bonus feat at 1st level.*

Hit Points:You can either take fixed:d12 = 6 d10 = 5 d8 = 4 d6 = 3 d4 = 2 Or you can ask me and I'll roll them for you.

*Basically anyone who would otherwise have "Favoured Class - ANY", gets a Bonus Feat in lieu

So Half Elves would have 3:
1st Level
3rd Level
Bonus in Lieu of Favoured Class

Humans would have 4:
1st Level
3rd Level
Bonus for beign Human
Bonus in Lieu of Favoured Class

I prefer to roll stats or hit dice because I'm assuming that people won't be that familiar with the process, I'm quite happy for people to roll in game, provided they link to it.

Feats, races, etc are on a Core + "If I have it and don't think it's hideously broken" basis, and I have quite a lot of stuff.

However, if you aren't sure about 3.5 you are best sticking to Core/SRD

If you want to talk about Regional Feats and don't have FRCS or PGTF then I can help you.

We have a Ranger and a Cleric right now, but really anything is okay.

Brogarn

First Post
Gotcha!

I'll take some rolled HPs if ya don't mind (10 Con). I'll also have a character background written up tomorrow. It's fleshed out in my head, just need it on paper. And I'll be going Rogue.

I do have the Forgotten Realms campaign book, I'm not sure what the acronym PGTF is, though.

Is there a feat that lets you take a cross class skill as a class skill? It would fit with my characters background to have Knowledge (arcana) and Knowledge (religion). He's going to be a "brainy" and perceptive rogue (16 int, 14 wis) and ma and pa were a Wizard and a Cleric (which I'll get into more detail once I've written it all up). Much to pa's and his frustration, though, he can't cast even a simple cantrip no matter how hard he studied (thus the above Knowledge skills.) He can, however, use magical devices like a champion. So, I was hoping to get him at least the Knowledge (arcana) skill as a class skill, but if not, I've got other ideas as well. No worries.

Wilphe

Adventurer
Yeah, PGTF basically converts the crunchy bits of the FRCS into 3.5.

Education:

half elf - Silverymoon
Human - Chessenta, Lantan, Silverymoon, Waterdeep

All Knowledge Skills are class skills for your current and all future classes
+2 Bonus on Two Knowledge Skills

Brogarn

First Post
Excellent. I'll look into picking one up. Unfortunately, I don't have a decent local place for gaming stuff, so I'll have to raid amazon. We used to have an outstanding one in Syracuse called Twilight Gaming, but alas, she is no more. /mourn

Remove ads