• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Bottle of wine and im schtill sober *hic*

GSHamster

Adventurer
So far the game itself has been great. Its a homebrewed pun not intended 2nd edition Ad&d. At the beginning the GM was getting tipsy by the end of the game session and all was well. Now he is nearly blind drunk.

I would be concerned about this, the fact that the amount of drinking is changing. Like, if it was constant throughout your tenure so far, then you could just chalk it up to that's how the group operates.

Alternatively it's possible that this is the normal, and they were drinking less because you were new, and this is a sign that they've grown more comfortable with you.

If one of the group is a close friend of the DM, maybe you could ask them if this is normal.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Let me take a shot at this: unless your're ginning up a reason to get out, don't sweat it until it becomes a problem. Relax & enjoy. A drink with a meal for a multi-hour game night is a neat idea, and may reduce your stress over this. I'd hate to see your friendships on the rocks over this, but unless this is the only game in town, it's not like they have you over a barrel.

frankthedm

First Post
If the DM is in a rush to play Sir Osis of Livah is real life, that's his business and an outsider trying to discourage it won't change much.

DnD_Dad

First Post
I've been DMing for around 6 years straight(every other weekend,) and I drink beer the whole time. Usually at the end of the night(after 8-9 of pure gaming awesomeness) I've put down at least 14-20 beers. As an adult i feel everyone is allowed their choices and if you're not having fun, you're losing.

S'mon

Legend
I've been DMing for around 6 years straight(every other weekend,) and I drink beer the whole time. Usually at the end of the night(after 8-9 of pure gaming awesomeness) I've put down at least 14-20 beers. As an adult i feel everyone is allowed their choices and if you're not having fun, you're losing.

That's a lot of beer - even your American stuff!

ppaladin123

Adventurer

America has truly wonderful beer. Yes, I know we are known for that mass produced swill, but we are in the middle of an explosion of interest in good beer: microbreweries abound and we are importing the excellent stuff from each country. Go to a bar, a liquor store, or even a supermarket these days and you'll find a rather large selection of Stouts, IPAs, Trappist Ale, German dark lagers, Golden Ales, Porter, etc. I've met more than enough impressed folk visiting from the UK to know that the US is coming into into its own as a producer and consumer of quality brew. :)

Mallus

Legend
America has truly wonderful beer.
Racer-six-pack_small.JPG

To the OP: sounds like a fun group of people. The suggestion to crash at the DMs place, if and when possible, sounds like the ideal solution. [MENTION=463]S'mon[/MENTION]: my group doesn't play in a pub... but lately we've playing in a lovely home where my friend's lovely wife refills our wine glasses several times during each session. Her hospitality can be positively dizzying at times!

Last edited:

Ravellion

serves Gnome Master
Remember though, these are likely not pints, but more like coke cans (0,33 L/half a pint). One of the few areas where most of the continental EU and the US don't differ but the UK does. That, and driving on a certain side of the road.

Or are they pints, dnd_dad :) ? (in which case I can only say... woah!)

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Personally, I can't stand most Sam Adams flavors.

But if you look in my beveredge fridge, you'll find* multiple kinds of Shiner (I AM in Texas), Killians, Bass, Newcastle, Blue Moon, Tiger, Ki Rin, Chimay, Lindemanns, Maredsous, Guiness...sometimes things like Moose Drool. I WISH I could get my hands on some Dragon Stout or some products from Razin Breweries.

And then we get to the wines. :)

* not all at once...but close to it.

Remove ads