Bounty of the Endless Sands

Lot

First Post
Eskon dismounts and approaches the wagon slowly. He draws his greatsword and eyes the surrounding area for a possible ambush while approaching the wagon, looking for survivors.

Rystil Arden

First Post
*Eskon doesn't see any signs of an ambush. No survivors are spotted in the wagon, but a trail of blood and tracks leads off the road to the northeast, towards the mountains.*

"That'll be the orcs, I suspect. Thanks to our warband being slaughtered, the only thing keeping them boxed in will be the dragon that lives in the mountains. Can anyone here track well? I hope so if we plan on following the murderers you are seeking."

Gurdjieff

First Post
"Dragon in the mountains? A silver one?" Irene jumps in when Vrina mentions the existance of one. "Didn't Bret say that the people who murdered his father also slew a dragon? Vrina, if both your warband and the dragon would be unable to stop the orcs, what consequences would that have?"

Realizing she hasn't introduced herself properly to the hobgoblin-girl, Irene takes this time to do so:

"I'm Irene by the way, magician specialized in illusionairy magic. Sadly, I'm not of much use tracking anything, and my knowledge of divination is rather limited."

Rystil Arden

First Post
"I had actually heard it was a red dragon. It left us alone though and killed the orcs and the grimlocks. I guess if the dragon's gone too, then the orcs will either start attacking more, if they're lucky, or else some orc will cow them into holding off just long enough to build up strength and then release another orcish horde on the surrounding lands," Vrina guesses, "Then again, my warband is not the only one in this region, as you've seen. Probably we hobgoblins will have to try to harass the orcs if they start amassing."

"Greetings, Irene. I am Vrina, daughter of Kazaar. I am a warrior and also unable to track. I'm hoping you have a ranger with you? The group that killed our warband had a ranger named Anton."

BigB

First Post
Rystil Arden said:
"I had actually heard it was a red dragon. It left us alone though and killed the orcs and the grimlocks. I guess if the dragon's gone too, then the orcs will either start attacking more, if they're lucky, or else some orc will cow them into holding off just long enough to build up strength and then release another orcish horde on the surrounding lands," Vrina guesses, "Then again, my warband is not the only one in this region, as you've seen. Probably we hobgoblins will have to try to harass the orcs if they start amassing."

"Greetings, Irene. I am Vrina, daughter of Kazaar. I am a warrior and also unable to track. I'm hoping you have a ranger with you? The group that killed our warband had a ranger named Anton."

How many Dragons could be in this area, and would a red and a silver co-exist so near?

Rystil Arden

First Post
"I don't know. Probably not many. I'd only heard of one. I don't know almost anything about dragons, but I've heard the reds are bloodthirsty like blood and the silvers are honourable like hobgoblins. Those are the only sorts of dragons the clan usually talks about, as they like to live in temperate mountains."

Gurdjieff

First Post
"If it was either red of silver, the people we're chasing have proven to be insanely dangerous. That's not something we should forget when, or should I say if, we find 'em."

Animus

Explorer
Bran Olvant

Venus said:
"If it was either red of silver, the people we're chasing have proven to be insanely dangerous. That's not something we should forget when, or should I say if, we find 'em."

"I agree," he says, dismounting his horse. "The last thing I want is to be eaten alive by a dragon. Or burned to a crisp. Or ripped to shreds. Or..." he starts to continue, but realizes that he might have gone too far.

"Anyway, I do apologize for offending you, Vrina," he says to the hobgoblin. "And I also have forgotten my manners. I am Bran Olvant, and my specialty is trapfinding. Not that I expect to find a lot of traps out here, but a hero has to do something to stave off boredom."

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Well...be careful what you do to stave off your boredom. I daresay the last group through thought they were 'heroes' for sure--you should have seen their arrogant posturing after they randomly killed some of us in the orc fight! After that we ran and they killed the rest of the orcs. At this point we returned, and they were almost dead from fighting the orcs. Their priest was still awake, so our leader at the time told the priest to stabilise the dying but that he refused to allow the priest to raise all of the murderers back to consciousness lest they get any ideas about killing us all--they could do it after we left. Those humans got in a hissy-fit and claimed the hobgoblins were being cruel and unfair. And then they didn't even care that they had killed some of our number, including my brother. They refused to pay a weregild and wanted to be just left on their way. Those bastards felt like they were somehow entitled to special treatment due to being 'heroes', but they were not only no better than the orcs, they were worse than the orcs."

"So please, I trust that before you do something to stave off boredom, please make sure you aren't slaying innocents and working for the forces of evil."

Remove ads