• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Bounty of the Endless Sands

Animus

Explorer
Bran Olvant

Rystil Arden said:
*The group continues on their way, following the road until they come to a mining town nestled by the mountains a few days later at evening. They can stop and rest here in a comfortable inn room, with a stable for their horses. After doing so, they head off again, eventually reaching a town at the end of the road on the edge of the desert. Most travelers to the desert would have to pass through here.*

"Maybe we can ask around a little and see how far ahead Anton and his gang are,"
he says. "And besides, I could use a good night's sleep on a soft bed."

Gurdjieff

First Post
"If the bunch we were following entered the desert, they must have passed this town. I'll go asking around if they've seen them, and how long ago. Also this is probably one of our last chances to stock up water and food for a long while, so if you're low I suggest you do so. Thirdly, we might want some extra protection for the travel in the desert itself. It'll be hot during the day and cold at night, make sure we're prepared for everything."

Irene then checks her pouch if the Nexus is still there, and she thinks to herself now let's hope this thing does the job.
When the group is done talking, she heads off into town.

[OoC: How many rations did we use to get here? Irene will buy two Winter Blankets(2x5sp) bringing her moneytotal to 5gp 3sp 5cp, assuming normal PHB prices. She will then try to Gather Information (Untrainted, +2) if anyone saw a group of adventurers heading into the desert, and how long ago. Gather Information (1d20+2=7) if we throw the dice ourselves. ]

BigB

First Post
Does this town have an armorer or market of some kind where our fugitives may have stopped to resupply? That may be a good place to inquire.

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: I may have used the term 'a few days' too many times. According to my calculations, it only took them a week to do this at full speed. That means 7 rations and 7 feed per character)

*Irene fails to find any information about passing adventurers. Rhys chats it up with the local merchants (and rolls fairly well), and he learns that a group matching that basic description left only a few days ago, likely into the desert considering the purchase of camels, lots of food, and desert supplies. Curiously, they didn't buy any water.*

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: The prices in the town are 1.5x the normal prices for supplies, since they know that they're the last place to buy things. They can indeed trade horses for camels.)

BigB

First Post
Rystil Arden said:
(OOC: The prices in the town are 1.5x the normal prices for supplies, since they know that they're the last place to buy things. They can indeed trade horses for camels.)

ooc: I dont see the cost for a camel in the srd or phb.

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Camels are 50, so 75 after the price hike, which is equal to the sell price for the light warhorses. I figured you were a genius and already suspected that, which is why you asked if they could be traded and I said yes :lol: )

Remove ads