• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Bounty of the Endless Sands

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Nope. The base price is 150, so sell price is 75. Things only cost more here, but they don't sell for more--this is less a place where all gear is scarce and the inhabitants are willing to pay more for it and more a place where they know they can charge more for supplies due to location)

B4cchus

Explorer
Findoram sadly sells his crafting tools for some extra cash. I'll get some new ones once i get back. In excange he buys 14 rations, 14 days of feed, a small barrel and a winter blanket.

ooc:
selling tools: 27,5 gp
14 rations: 10.5 gp 14 lb
14 days feed 10.5 sp
small barrel (used 1/2 price & weight): 1,5 gp 15 lb
winter blanket: 7.5 sp 3lb

-edit-
Findoram asks if anybody can carry 6 days of feed for his Camel, since his camel will only carry so much. The remainder of the money he has left (13.2 gp) Findoram spends on comfortable rooms for everybody, a good meal for everybody and to add to the money left needed for buying more camels, waterskins and whatnot.

Last edited:

Gurdjieff

First Post
[OoC: Irene carried only 6 days of Feed with her, assuming the horses would be able to graze most of the time (which is normal, Feed is better but more expensive and not a requirement - bar riding dogs which requires some meat). Taking this into account, did we still spend 7 days of feed?
Are the camels Dromedary (50ft, deserts) or Bactrian (40ft, rocky/cooler)?]

Upon discovering the additional gold, Irene mumbles "Now that's a nice surprise. I'm going to like this Nexus". She smiles as she finally has some money to spend - something she always liked doing.

She agrees with the Horses-for-Camel trade, and chips in 37.5gp to offset the difference between her light horse and the camel. She then stocks up on rations again, buying 5 more (5x0.75gp = 3.75gp) and, assuming the desert wont be as rich as the lands they passed, buying for 8 more days worth of feed (8x0.75sp = 6sp). Next, she goes shopping for a Small tent (15gp, 5lb) bringing her moneytotal to 48gp.

[SBLOCK="Current Gear"]
Money: 48gp

Light Crossbow 2lb
Bolts [20] 1lb
Dagger 0.5lb

Spellbook 3lb (free)
Spell component pouch 2lb

Flint & Steel
Candle (10)
Scholar's outfit 1.5lb
Backpack 0.5lb
Bedroll 1.25lb
Blanket, Winter (2x) 1.5lb*
Small Tent 5lb*
Waterskin 1lb*
Scroll Case 0.5lb
Mirror, Steel 0.5lb

6 days Rations 1.5lb
8 days Rations 2.0lb*
14 days Feed 140lb*
Camel

*(Packed on Camel)

Irene = 29lb
Equip on Irene = 14.25lb (Light Load)
Total on Camel = 192.75lb (Light Load)
[/SBLOCK]

[OoC: Irene's Camel can easily cary 100lb more without being troubled with weight. Any partymember can add stuff here without trouble. I haven't added Eskon's suit of armor yet, as I have no clue what kind of armor it is.]

Lot

First Post
Venus said:
[OoC: Irene's Camel can easily cary 100lb more without being troubled with weight. Any partymember can add stuff here without trouble. I haven't added Eskon's suit of armor yet, as I have no clue what kind of armor it is.]

The armor is chainmail.

Also, Eskon will buy a winter blanket and 6 days worth of feed for the camel, as well.

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: You can get Bactrian Camels or Dromedaries, your choice. The slower ones have higher Str, I believe, but Irene can get away with the faster and weaker one)

Gurdjieff

First Post
(OoC: Bactrians have a higher con-score (16 opposed to 14), a lower base speed (40ft instead of 50ft), and will be Irene's Camel of choice.
Chain Mail weights 40lb, so there's 60lb remaining on the Camel.)

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Yeah, camels are super-strong. I wouldn't be surprised if you could conserve cash by putting Rhys on Irene's camel and putting the chainmail on another one)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads