BoVD (again)

hellbender

First Post
Hopefully this thread will stay on topic the entire time (ha!).

First off, I buy a lot of Monte Cook's material, and I defended his choice to write this book in the thread that originally went offtrack. I have not read the book, this is not a rant. But I have a question.....

Is the book going to appear on shelves near you?

After going to 3 FLGSs, I found out that there are no plans to carry this book at any of them, it will only be sold via special order. When I asked, I was unanimously told that it is too controversial. Well, at two of these stores, if I chose to, I could purchase adult magazines or Anton LeVey's Satanic Bible.

Is this book receiving an undeserved reputation before it is released?

This was a bit of a shock, and I am curious if anyone else has enountered this reaction.

hellbender

Last edited:

Crothian

First Post
That is wierd. I imagine there is a little to much hype of the wrong kind for this. I'll probably get it. Monte has yet to really disappoint me. I really doubt it's going to be that edgy, once the book is out I imagine your local stores will start caring it after a month or so.

ColonelHardisson

What? Me Worry?
It'd help to know roughly what region you live in. I can't imagine the shops around here not carrying it. I'll be surprised if it doesn't show up on the shelves.

Crothian

First Post
ColonelHardisson said:
It'd help to know roughly what region you live in. I can't imagine the shops around here not carrying it. I'll be surprised if it doesn't show up on the shelves.

Well, ya, you see worse things at a Browns game and in the Flats. :D

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
Crothian said:

So you can have them fight the people from the Divine and the Defeated? Your own private YB? ;)

Well that and I just want Demon Princes! :) I doubt S&SS will do a SL book about the planes JUST yet. Maybe in 2004...but I can't wait that long! ;) I just want to use Orcus a lot! And maybe a few Arch devils to fight some incursions by Titanspawn.

Remove ads