Broad Arrow Jack presents Crypt of the Everflame [IC Thread]

Broad Arrow Jack

First Post
Round 1 Conclusion

Anundr utters a mighty war cry as adrenaline surges through his body, struggles to his feet, and throws his axe at the foremost orc with incredible power! Despite his grievous injuries, the barbarian's aim is right on the money! His axe strikes the foremost orc directly in the chest, with a solid 'thunk' leaving the orc staggered and swaying...but somehow, still on his feet (perhaps out of sheer ferocity). Attack roll 18+3=21, hits for 8 damage

[sblock=Anundr]Even as his attack strikes home, through the haze of pain and rage, something untoward infringes on Anundr's consciousness. A slight flicker at the edge of the orc's profile, something unnatural about its movement...it suddenly dawns on Anundr that these orcs aren't real at all, but cleverly contrived magical constructs. As the truth dawns in his mind, his 'wounds' instantly heal as illusory javelins fade into hazy nothingness. None of the others appear to have realized the truth of the situation yet. Will save successful to realize orcs are illusory
[/sblock]

INITIATIVE ORDER ROUND 2
1.Mariana (2/10 hp)
2.Seddon (Shaken for 1 round, -2 penalty to Attack rolls and Saves)
3.Orc #1 (-16 hp, Staggered)
4.Orc #2
5.Orc #3
6.Orc#4
7.Elandril (Mage Armored)
8.Corus
9.Anundr

ooc: Actions for Round 2?

Last edited:

ethandrew

First Post
Seddon Brusk - HP: 13 - AC: 17 - FRW: +4, +4, +1
Shaken

Seeing the powerful Anundr and Mariana nearly fall to the flurry of javelines, Seddon takes a step forward to attempt to draw the Orc's attention. Despite the fear he felt by the powerful beast, the pummeling it had taken filled him with eagerness to finish the job, but also despair that it was still standing after two devastating blows. Nonetheless, he aims for the chest once more and lets fly another arrow.

Firing on the nearly fallen Orc, Longbow +4 1d8 x3.

Rhun

First Post
Anundr stops, feeling the pain of his injuries subside, and the adrenaline and rage begin to subside. He peers a bit closer at the orcs, blinks several times, and let's out a mighty laugh. "They aren't real! Mere figments!" He continues laughing loudly.

Queenie

Queen of Everything
Mariana grabs at her thigh, trying to stop the flow of blood my pressing her hand into her wound.

"He's gone mad!" she calls out after Anundr begins laughing.

Fenris

Adventurer
Corus holds aloft his Sun Symbol of Saranrae, calling forth a burst of soothing energy.

[sblock]
Channel Energy, heal 1d6 to each injured party member, but NOT the orcs.

[/sblock]

Broad Arrow Jack

First Post
Mariana grabs at her thigh, trying to stop the flow of blood my pressing her hand into her wound.

"He's gone mad!" she calls out after Anundr begins laughing.

[sblock=Mariana]
(Mariana Will Save 12+0+4(circumstantial bonus due to Anundr's assistance)=16, Success!)

Something about the barbarian's 'madness' resonates within Mariana's mind, and suddenly she too sees the truth as though a veil dropped from her eyes. These are not real foes, but rather insubstantial images, conjured by magic. The javelin and wound vanish as though they never were.[/sblock]

Seeing the powerful Anundr and Mariana nearly fall to the flurry of javelines, Seddon takes a step forward to attempt to draw the Orc's attention. Despite the fear he felt by the powerful beast, the pummeling it had taken filled him with eagerness to finish the job, but also despair that it was still standing after two devastating blows. Nonetheless, he aims for the chest once more and lets fly another arrow.

(Attack roll 14+4=16, Hit! for 1d8=4 damage)

Shaken or not, Seddon's aim is true. The arrow strikes the lead orc, who finally succumbs, collapsing to the ground under the weight of his injuries with a low grunt.

The three remaining orcs scream ferociously, and scramble over the fallen tree trunk to close in on the nearest foes. They hack wildly at Anundr and Mariana with their greataxes, but the pair withstand the barrage of blades without a scratch. (All attacks miss)

Elandril again communes with his sword and a bolt of white energy is released towards the orcs. The closest of the three remaining orcs grunts in pain as the mystical bolt slams into its side. (4 damage)

Corus holds aloft his Sun Symbol of Saranrae, calling forth a burst of soothing energy. The cleric sees wounds closing on Anundr and Mariana's bodies in the light of his goddess' compassion. (2 hp healed for Anundr, 4 hp healed for Mariana)

ooc: Round 2 action for Anundr? I also want to just say that I'm a bit pressed for time with this update, so unfortunately, it's not what I'd consider my best work. If anything is unclear, please just ask for clarification.

Rhun

First Post
Anundr rushes forward and leaps on top of the log, pointedly ignoring the orcs and instead looking about for anything else that may be of interest, or out of the ordinary.

Perception +4

Broad Arrow Jack

First Post
Anundr rushes forward and leaps on top of the log, pointedly ignoring the orcs and instead looking about for anything else that may be of interest, or out of the ordinary.

Perception +4

Anundr doesn't see anything unusual from his vantage upon the tree trunk, but the forest surrounding the path is rather dense, so it's hard to be sure.

ooc: I think we're ready for Round 3 Actions

Remove ads