Broad Arrow Jack presents Crypt of the Everflame [IC Thread]

Rhun

First Post
Anundr shrugs, makes sure his gear is secure, and moves to take the lead for the group's journey into the wilds.

Queenie

Queen of Everything
"Well, off we go!" She waves to her father and sister then quickly follows after the barbarian without looking back.

Rhun

First Post
"Be wary," says Anundr over his shoulder as the group leaves the town. "The forests here are mostly safe, especially along the roads, but it would not bode well for our trip if we should startle a boar or bear."

Fenris

Adventurer
Corus, holding the lamp, watches Mariana eying Andur with stoic eyes before taking the position at the end of the line of youths.

ethandrew

First Post
Seddon makes his way along with the other four, giving his mother a glance and a half-smile. He moves through toward the front, to where the large barbarian is setting out a brisk pace. This close to town, he was right, there wasn't going to be much danger, but once they were out an hour then the wild truly would take over, he figured.

He hadn't spoken up during the map discussion, as puzzles always had a way of eluding him, and try as he might, Seddon was never quite able to comprehend exactly what he was seeing. But nonetheless, he moved along, an extra pair of eyes at the lead. He didn't know these southern woods that much, definitely not as well as north of the river.

Queenie

Queen of Everything
They walk a little way out of town before Mariana scurries up to where Anundr is walking. Even though she is tall herself, she has to walk quite fast to keep up with his long stride. She walks beside him for a minute before she speaks.

"So... have you had an adventure like this before?"

Rhun

First Post
The burly northman shakes his head, sending his long blond hair flying about his shoulders. "No, not like this. But I have spent many a day and night alone in the wilds, hunting and fishing. While I have lived here for many years, I strive to honor the ways of my northern forebears."

Queenie

Queen of Everything
"Oh that must have been lonely... being alone... I mean, out here alone. By yourself." A slight blush covers the young woman's cheeks. "I don't think I have ever actually been alone. The Inn is always so busy. Sometimes it drives me crazy, never getting to be alone." She adjusts her pack on her shoulder, it already was feeling heavy.

"Sometimes the right people come in though and that puts a smile on my face."

Broad Arrow Jack

First Post
The beginning of the journey passes smoothly enough, as the party sets out following the first map fragments toward the broken glade. The weather is relatively nice for the lateness of the season, and the afternoon sun shining brightly above helps to ward off some of the autumn chill. The adventurers are eager to be about the quest laid before them, and chat amiably as they leave the safety of home and hearth behind. Even entering the Fangwood, ancient forest of oak and beech, cannot seem to dispel the group's cheerful resolve.

About two hours out of Kassen, the narrow path winds through the raking claws of the trees, now bereft of their leaves, which crunch loudly underfoot. Up ahead, a fallen tree trunk blocks the path. Suddenly a quartet of snarling humanoids leaps up from behind the log, all greenish skin and fearsome tusks, bellowing challenges in their vulgar, broken common.

"Humans! You not pass here! Run away or come and die!" They brandish greataxes and javelins, ready for battle.

INITIATIVE ORDER
1.Mariana 18+6=24
2.Seddon 16+4=20
3.Orcs 19+0=19
4.Elandril 10+3=13
5.Corus 10+0=10
6.Anundr 5+4=9

The orcs have cover from the fallen tree.

ooc: Sorry for the crude ASCII map, but it was the best I could do for now. I'll try for better maps in the future. You can go ahead and post your combat actions at any time, and I will try to resolve them in intiative order as best I can. I'll do the rolling, but it would help if you could include your relevant combat stats in your combat posts. Conditional actions would be good too, in case your first choice option becomes blocked or impractical.

Code:
Code:
.......@@@@@@@@.[COLOR=yellow]E[/COLOR].[COLOR=green]S[/COLOR][COLOR=blue]C[/COLOR]@@@@@@@.................
......@@@@@@@@@.[COLOR=plum]M[/COLOR][COLOR=red]A[/COLOR].@@@@@@@..................
......@@@@@@@@@...@@@@@@@...................
.......@@@@@@@....@@@@@@@@..................
.......@@@@@@@....@@@@@@@...................
.......@@@@@@@....@@@@@@@@..................
.......@@@@@@@....@@@@@@@@@.................
.......@@@@@@@@....@@@@@@@@.................
......======================................
......======================................
..........@@@@@.[COLOR=lime]OO[/COLOR].[COLOR=lime]O[/COLOR]@@@@@...................
........@@@@@@@.[COLOR=lime]O[/COLOR]...@@@@@@@.................
........@@@@@@@....@@@@@@@..................
.........@@@@@@....@@@@@@@..................
........@@@@@@@....@@@@@@@@.................
........@@@@@@@.....@@@@@@@@................
.........@@@@@@@....@@@@@@@.................
Orc.jpg

Remove ads