• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Buffy RPG - A Hellmouth in Waterloo - The Bone Collector S1E1

jkason

First Post
Gavin stands only a moment when he realizes Juno's gambit, then quickly catches up. He gives a quick, nervous smile to the nurse, then falls to at Juno's heels.

"Um ... I don't suppose we have anything on us to avoid whatever whammy she put on the nurse, do we?" he whispers.

airwalkrr

Adventurer
Dafydd stares at the printer paper with a stunned look on his face. It is a moment before he regains his composure and addresses the student, "A prank? Of course, that must be it. I'll investigate it. Thank you, Jenny."

As soon as Jenny leaves, Dafydd rushes to his laptop, which is networked to the computer center, saying to Rechard, "Not good. If I work quickly, I can find out who printed this out, what terminal the person used, and what account number they logged in under. Hopefully, it hasn't been long. The person might still be in the computer center."

Dafydd opens up the network printing protocol for the student computer center and quickly tries to isolate the terminal and account used and the time of the printing request.

Cor Azer

First Post
INT. DAY - RAYCHEL'S HOSPITAL ROOM

Raychel lies back in her bed, her amputated leg hidden under the bed linens. A nurse exits the room just before the Chinese woman enters. Juno and Gavin are several paces behind.

Raychel looks up, recognizing the woman, but puzzled.

RAYCHEL
Joanie? I expected you-

JOANIE
Quiet.​

The Chinese woman - now known as Joanie - stops halfway into the room.

JOANIE
Did they bite you?

RAYCHEL
No, they -

JOANIE
Enough.​

ANGLE: JUNO AND GAVIN'S POV

Joanie pulls something from her jacket.

ANGLE: RAYCHEL'S POV

Joanie is holding something - but its obscured by the edge of the bed. Juno and Gavin are at the door threshold.

JOANIE
(over her shoulder, to Juno and Gavin)
If you're about to enter this room, move the medcart.
Wouldn't want you to be stabbed by a needle or something.​

CUT TO:​

INT. DAY. DAFYDD'S OFFICE

CLOSE: DAFYDD'S LAPTOP

On screen is the student record for freshman Paul Weiring, whose student username is listed beside the bizarre printjob in another window. The picture associated with Paul is of a scrawny young man.

ANGLE: DAFYDD'S POV

Dafydd leans back to give Rechard a better view of the student's record. Across the room, a student steps into the doorway - a student remarkably similar to the picture on the laptop.

PAUL
Excuse me, Mr. Dafydd?
I just went to the washroom, but when I came back my printjob was taken on me.
Do you know where the unclaimed jobs are put?​

airwalkrr

Adventurer
Dafydd, afable Watcher and Waterloo College Student Computing Supervisor

Dafydd gives a quick look of alarm to Rechard before turning back to Paul. "Um, yes, Paul, is it? I have your printout here. But before I give it to you, would you mind telling me what it was you were printing? Could you also tell me if you remained logged on to your workstation while you were in the washroom and if it is possible that someone might have used it while you were away? You know we have strict policies about this sort of thing."

jkason

First Post
Gavin jumps slightly as the woman addresses them.

"Guess we need some practice sneaking," he mutters as he looks to Juno. Then he quickly backtracks. "Me. I. I need practice."

Gavin hesitantly moves to enter the room, taking care for the cart the woman mentioned.

"So ... you guys know each other, I take it?" he starts feebly.

Systole

First Post
"Yes, Paul ... you aren't a member of a murderous cabal of black magicians out to create an artifact of infinite evil, are you? It would be best for you to come clean, if you are."

Shayuri

First Post
"A needle," Juno says flatly as she comes inside, giving the woman a look that was the human equivalent of a cat with ears back and tail lashing fitfully. "Is that what you've got in your hand there? Something to dispose of the witness with, maybe?"

"Who are you, 'Joanie?'"

airwalkrr

Adventurer
Dafydd, concerned about being too forward

"Yes, Paul ... you aren't a member of a murderous cabal of black magicians out to create an artifact of infinite evil, are you? It would be best for you to come clean, if you are."
Dafydd loudly clears his throat, "Erm, so much for being discreet. What my colleague means to say is that we found a rather disturbing printout from your terminal and were hoping you could shed some light on it."

DrZombie

First Post
EXT. DAY - ALLEY

Steven and Rory stand about the wrecked alley, with Sandra a few feet away at the entrance. Rory is less than convincing in his strong, silent role.

SANDRA
(distracted)
Amulet? No... no it's just a chain. But no, no I haven't found it yet.
I just live around the corner. My roommate said the cops were by, wondering if we heard anything unusual last night.​

She shrugs, gesturing towards the destruction. Then, she looks quizzically at Rory.

SANDRA
Is your friend alright?
I didn't think there were any survivors?​

"He don't wanna talk about it, really. We's just gonna find whoever did this and make sure it don't happen again." Steven says quietly.
"You or your housemates seen or heard anything?"

[sblock=OOC] I was waiting for herobizkit to reply, but he might have missed it or be waiting for me [/sblock]

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads