• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Buffy RPG - A Hellmouth in Waterloo - The Bone Collector S1E1

Systole

First Post
"Ah ... books," Rechard says, then shrugs. "Not that I ever cared much for them, but I've picked up a thing or two." He pages through a tome or two halfheartedly, his concentration clearly elsewhere. "Your Slayer ... what kind of demon do you suppose she'll find?" he asks, staring off into the distance, unspeakable visions obviously dancing through his mind.

airwalkrr

Adventurer
Dafydd

"Sadly, I don't have a lot to go on. However the appearance of Asiatic features indicates we might be looking at something from Far East legends. It would probably be best if we focused our efforts on those. I know I have a few books from that region. One of them is from the Indian subcontinent. I have at least one more on Japanese cultural myth. Plus I have several books describing various Chinese occult practices."Dafydd makes a mental note to check these books later when researching the chinese woman with the supernatural aura.

"But for now we really ought to see what we can learn about this vial. It could be any number of things, but we should focus on creatures that are vulnerable to silver. I doubt it is a coincidence that it was contained in a silver vessel. Something with a Christian background is also likely, since it was in the form of a rosary. I think I have some books from the Inquisition in a box over there," he says, pointing to a box underneath a desk.

DrZombie

First Post
[close up of Steven, turning around and smiling]

"Hiya Sandra. Big mess this is, no? Someone he” Nod towards Rory” knows got badly hurt here. Police messed this up so bad, there’s no more trails here, not even for an Injun like me.
He smiles “Although I presume he got me here in case someone came back so he’d have a meatshield between him and whoever did this.

Have you found your amulet yet? ” he asks innocently ” Cuz if you’re looking for it here you might as well have given me a call. ‘s not safe here, ya know. “ he says with concern in his voice.

jkason

First Post
[sblock=apologies]So sorry for the long disappearance, guys. Had company in town, and while I was trying to keep up, this is one of the threads I didn't manage. Company's gone now, though, so hopefully getting back up to speed...[/sblock]

"I'm not the greatest at being sneaky and the like," he admits to Juno as they survey the hallway and notice security. "Then again, I am studying to be a doctor. If we could find a storage closet, maybe we could bluff our way in. Though then maybe you should do the talking. I'm not all that good with girls. Not that I'm that great with guys, either, but... um, yeah. I think I just made my point."

Edit: Yeowch. natural 1.

Systole

First Post
Rechard's expression hardens at the mention of the Inquisition. "Yessss ... perhaps the Oriental woman is more important than I thought. I shall examine those tomes instead."

Herobizkit

Adventurer
Rory's eyes quickly darted between Steven and Sandra.

Opting to portray the strong, silent type, he grunted and politely turned away to let the lovebirds speak. He smirked knowingly to himself.

DrZombie

First Post
Rory's eyes quickly darted between Steven and Sandra.

Opting to portray the strong, silent type, he grunted and politely turned away to let the lovebirds speak. He smirked knowingly to himself.

[sblock=ooc] The strong, silent type standing next to a rugby player who looks like he's raised on a steady diet of steroids, testosteron and red meat? Good luck :) [/sblock]

airwalkrr

Adventurer
Rechard's expression hardens at the mention of the Inquisition. "Yessss ... perhaps the Oriental woman is more important than I thought. I shall examine those tomes instead."
"More important?" Dafydd says, taking off his glasses and looking at Rechard, "What makes you say that?"

Cor Azer

First Post
EXT. DAY - ALLEY

Steven and Rory stand about the wrecked alley, with Sandra a few feet away at the entrance. Rory is less than convincing in his strong, silent role.

SANDRA
(distracted)
Amulet? No... no it's just a chain. But no, no I haven't found it yet.
I just live around the corner. My roommate said the cops were by, wondering if we heard anything unusual last night.​

She shrugs, gesturing towards the destruction. Then, she looks quizzically at Rory.

SANDRA
Is your friend alright?
I didn't think there were any survivors?​

CUT TO:​

INT. DAY - HOSPITAL WARD

Gavin and Juno are doing their best impression of "people staring at a noticeboard". A distinct clack-clack of heels grabs their attention in the corner of their eye. A not quite conservatively dressed young Chinese woman enters - very much the twin of Rechard's portrait. The woman heads directly to the nurses station.

CLOSE: GAVIN AND JUNO

The two Goonies can almost overhear the woman's conversation.

WOMAN
... to see Raychel Branson...

NURSE
... here by that name.​

The Chinese woman points towards Raychel's private hospital room.

NURSE
..n't release patient informa...​

The woman reaches up to her neck, but Gavin and Juno cannot see what she does. Immediately, the nurse softens her resolve, and gestures the woman towards Raychel's room.

CUT TO:​

INT. DAY - DAFYDD'S OFFICE

Dafydd and Rechard are pouring through several books. Dafydd's laptop is open with several of his research notes - primarily, that the vial is likely a ward against contracting lycanthropy. Other than the St. Hubert connection, the cross seems to have no particular bearing versus werewolves though.

A knock on the door grabs both men's attention. A rather worried student stands there with a stray piece of printer paper.

STUDENT
Mr. Davith? I...
I...uh... found this in my stack of printouts. Is... Is it some sort of prank?​

CLOSE: THE PRINTOUT

Repeatedly printed in two neat columns filling the page is the phrase "Find the bone. Finish the blade."

Shayuri

First Post
"Let the creepy magic Chinese girl have alone-time with our only witness?" Juno asked rhetorically, "how about not?"

She walked up to the desk, trying to hit the sweet spot of pacing that let the asian girl get far enough of away not to overhear, but not so far that she was already in the room.

"Hey," Juno said to the nurse, hoping some of the mojo was still working, "We're with miss Chang there, she asked us to come along, thanks." And with that she started to hurry on by, waving Gavin along behind her.

Remove ads