• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Buffy RPG - A Hellmouth in Waterloo - The Bone Collector S1E1

airwalkrr

Adventurer
OOC: [MENTION=36150]Herobizkit[/MENTION] has posted on these forums as early as yesterday, but I have not seen a lot of activity from him on the pbp area recently. He might just be busy.

Herobizkit

Adventurer
OOC: Pretty much that. Sorry gang. Last week or two of school means last week or two of projects galore, plus an internship that isn't yet finalized.

Cor Azer

First Post
INT. DAY - DAFYDD'S OFFICE

Rechard and Dafydd watch the student Paul quizzically. For his part Paul looks bewildered at Rechard's question.

PAUL
Huh? Wha? Huh?​

Paul scrambles, knocking a nearby janitor's cart into the doorway, and bolts running for the nearest exit.

CUT TO:​

EXT. DAY - ALLEY

Steven takes with Sandra as Rory does his best brooding silent act just to the side.

Sandra eyes Rory strangely, but shakes her head.

SANDRA
No. No, we didn't have anything to tell the police.​

She looks at Rory, and then looks Steven up and down.

SANDRA
Are you... are you thinking of doing something without the police knowing?​

She bites her lip pensively, obviously debating something in her thoughts.

INT. DAY - RAYCHEL'S HOSPITAL ROOM

Juno and Gavin stand at the doorway, while Joanie stands a few feet into the room near Raychel's bed, her back to the duo at the door. Raychel looks worriedly at Joanie, then glances at Juno.

JOANIE
Who am I?
(beat)
I'm the Slayer.​

She spins, faster than expected, and swings her backhand at Juno's face.

OOC: Attack: 16, good for 4 successes, and 12 bash damage vs Juno.

The backhand surprises Juno, sending her flying backwards and crashing into the medcart.

OOC: Another 4 bash damage from the collision. Joanie looks ready to continue the fight. Shayuri/jkason, let me know what Juno and Gavin plan to do, and then we'll figure out initiative; note though, that unless you've got a crazy cool plan, it'll probably go to Joanie because of her surprise attack.

Last edited:

airwalkrr

Adventurer
Dafydd, in hot pursuit

"Not exactly the reaction I was expecting," Dafydd says as he races off after the youth hoping Rechard follows closely behind. "Oh, what was I bloody expecting anyway?"
OOC: So, how do we resolve chase scenes in this system? Whatever it is, I doubt Dafydd is very good at it. Hopefully Rechard is better. :)

Systole

First Post
"But it was one of the reactions I was expecting!" Rechard says with a maniacal grin. He hurtles the desk. "Gets the blood moving! Come Dafydd, the chase is on!" he exclaims. In his excitement, he accidentally pronounces the Watcher's name correctly.

DrZombie

First Post
SANDRA
Are you... are you thinking of doing something without the police knowing?​

She bites her lip pensively, obviously debating something in her thoughts.

Steven chuckles at that.

"To serve and to protect. I protect my friends, and I plan to serve those who hurt 'em... Serve 'em a can of whoop-ass like only a blind-side flanker can."

"You didn't have anything to tell the police, but what did you have that you didn't want to tell them?"

[close up of greyish eyes looking intently at Sandra, fade to: ]

Shayuri

First Post
The bolts holding the fragie, hollow metal tubes of the medcart squeal and give way as Juno hits it hard and drives it up against the wall. Despite the force of the blow, Juno is able to shake off the momentary lights exploding in her eyes and get herself back on her feet, fists coming up to block the next blow.

"You call yourself a slayer? My Grandma's bingo partner hits harder than that."

(OOC Note - Juno's not going to get into a slayer-brawl in a hospital room with a patient in it. If Joanie presses the fight, Juno will back out into the hallway. That said, she's too mad to not get her licks in verbaly, even if she feels constrained from dangling Joanie out a window by her ankle like she deserves. :))

jkason

First Post
Gavin doesn't even have time to finish a confused utterance before Juno goes flying. He jumps back himself, trying to stay out of reach, but as Juno's dander gets up, he realizes he can't just sit back and do nothing just for the sake of his hide.

"Woah woah woah, time out!" he blurts out, hands up. "I promise you're both awesome at breaking bones, but I'm sure the doctors here are already really overworked, right, so maybe we could use our words first and save the bone breaking for, you know, another time that is preferably very far away?"

airwalkrr

Adventurer
Dafydd, huffing and puffing

"At least one thing is going well," Dafydd huffs to Rechard as the two of them chase down Paul, "you finally learned how to pronounce my name properly."

Herobizkit

Adventurer
"To serve and to protect. I protect my friends, and I plan to serve those who hurt 'em... Serve 'em a can of whoop-ass like only a blind-side flanker can."
Rory looked over his shoulder and said deadpan, "Aye, some whoop-ass might be just the thing I'm gummin' for."

He shuffled about, appearing to look busy. Steven appeared to be doing quite well with Sandra all on his own.

Remove ads