BUGHUNTER MOREAU d20Future 2, Madness on Tau Ceti Five

Karl Green

First Post
[occ]Sneak has 210ft range increment with his sniper laser rifle. I don't have your sheet with me here at work, but does he have Far Shot (that would increase your Range Increment to 315ft!!!)? Anyway the first one is 2000ft away, and the guys down on the ground are 5000ft away. It does look that their patrol range takes them in front of the building… maybe to within 1900ft. The sniper rifle gives him +2 to hit (CAT scope and masterwork) and I assuming that if you are braced and aiming you can get another +2. So the guy on the roof is 9 [-16 to hit] range increments away (6 [-10 to hit] if you have Far Shot), the guys on the ground are out of range, but if they walk their whole patrol route they come within 9 (6 with Far Shot)… I will leave it up to Sneak on how confident he is about making those shots… they will of course be flat-footed… Looking around…
Spot 10+7, Sneak does so a few more outcroppings that he could work his way out to that would get him within 1000ft of the guy on the roof and 900ft to the closes part of the patrol route (range increment 4/3 and 4/2 respectively
[/occ]

"I'll need to get a little closer to take a shot...there's a couple places around where I can still have at least a little cover and get a shot or two off," Sneak said, looking back to Brute and also speaking a little too quietly, "Might as well get in closer. Only see three guards...I think we should move in and then take in the surroundings again to make sure there's no one else watching before we act."

((OOC: Nope, no Far Shot for Sneak.))

Captain Tagon

First Post
Brute grunts at this news. He then turns back to take in the whole squad. "All right. Sneak and I are taking point on this one. The rest of you hang back behind us, and make sure to stay in cover. If we can't pick off those guards we're going to need you guys to come in as a surprise."

Turning to address Sneak he adds, "Which spot do you want to get them from?"

Sneak points to one of the spots he saw, not sure if Brute could actually see it, "I'd say we try to get in a little close...well, not too close of course."

((OOC: Try to head for one of those outcroppings. Preferably one with a little cover if possible. Sneak will also look around for any more guards in the area.))

Karl Green

First Post
October 21th, 2042, 1023 (Local time), Tau Ceti Five

Moving down to the lower shelf, the Squad is now about 1000 feet from what is suppose to be the residential building of the miner staff. The guard on the build occasionally looks around with his binoculars but does not notice them. The ones walking the grounds pass back this way twice (they make a rotation about once an hour). The two-legged wolf-lizard thing they have sniffs the air and ground. There are no other figures or signs of life from within the compound. Also from the lower shelf they can also make out another building behind the Refining Building… it has a wall around it topped with razor wire. It must be the prison. It is about 4000 feet away from your present location. Looking around the area with electro-binoculars and Sneak scope, you can see two four wheeled vehicles parked near the what you would guess is the front gate. They looked to be civilian police rovers that are supposedly common on colony worlds. All-terrain and lightly armored (enough to stop small arms fire), they are simple to operate and maintain.

Last edited:

Festy_Dog

First Post
Gramps shuffles over to Brute.

"Sir, I think that if they have hostages they'll be keeping them in the prison. It'd be just as hard to get into as it is to get out of," he reasons.

Captain Tagon

First Post
Brute nods slowly, agreeing with Gramps' assessment. "That's been troubling me as well. We need to find a way to figure out if they do have hostages and then find a way to get them out without getting them killed."

Sneak kneels down with his rifle in hand, checking out the area again through the scope to see if there's anything new to see. To Brute, he says quietly, "I believe I have a shot on at least one of the guards..."

((OOC: Not firing yet, but giving the area one more good look over. Can't be too cautious.))

Remove ads