BUGHUNTER MOREAU d20Future 2, Madness on Tau Ceti Five

Festy_Dog said:
Gramps shakes his head.

"We can do whatever we want once the hostages are secure. Till then we should keep quiet," Gramps suggests quietly.
"Good point," Sneak nodded, trying to calm his sense of adventure down, "Thing is, one of those might be a hostage. At least, I don't remember ever hearing about being tied up and having knives thrown at people being a willing form of fun."

Festy_Dog

First Post
"If we rescue this one, and create much noise in doing so, it'll alert their friends and put all the other hostages at risk," Gramps explains.

Mithran

First Post
Pedia (radio)

Captain Tagon said:
"I seem to remember something about the computer systems but I can't recall just what, let me check," Brute says to Pedia. Brute then proceeds to try and bring up the information.

Pedia nods then waits quietly to see what Brute can come up with.

Festy_Dog said:
"If we rescue this one, and create much noise in doing so, it'll alert their friends and put all the other hostages at risk," Gramps explains.
Again, Sneak nods, "Guess I'm just ready to get some action in after that long trip...not that it was a bad flight," the feline moreau grins slightly but turns to look around for another hallway to explore.

Karl Green

First Post
October 21st, cy2042, 1206 (Local time), Tau Ceti Five

Downstairs Brute and Pedia work on the workstations thrown around what they assume was once an admin room. There is no power feeding into the building, but Pedia's repair rig has backup power supplies that allow them turn it on. There are some administrative files and work schedules and production output logs.

The rest of the team form back up with Brute and Pedia, having found no other people or anything else of interest here (although they do report about the singing coming from the barricaded room, they could not go in without alerting who ever was in there)

Upstairs, Sneak and Gramps do a quick sweep of the rest of the floor but find no additional escape prisoners or hostages; only more trashed and looted rooms...

Karl Green

First Post
October 21st, cy2042, 1216 (Local time), Tau Ceti Five

Peida spends 10 minutes or so go through the fragmented files and finds that it appears the mining/prison operation was going fine until about a month ago when some of the prisoners started getting sick and complaining about bad dreams. The administrators and medical staff could find nothing wrong with them and thought they were maybe faking it... production was falling way behind and work schedules were a mess.

The last logs that he finds says that some of the guards started complaining about similar symptoms that the prisoners where suffering, especially those that watched the prisoners in the mines.

There are some psych test logs but they are fragmented and he can't learning anything from them.

Karl Green

First Post
October 21st, cy2042, 1222 (Local time), Tau Ceti Five

Gramps and Sneak continue their sweep upstairs, clearing the 3rd floor without encountering any additional prisoners or people but they do find a room with four bodies... they look like administrators all shot and hatched multiple times. They look like they have been dead at least a week and just left here to rot.

Finally making it to the roof access, they go outside and find the guard still there on the ground. He seems to have bleed out, and died. He is carrying a ballistic sniper rifle and a number of knives (mostly makeshift). His prisoner uniform is dirty and stinks (especially to Gramps). Removing his mask they see that he has a number of needles through his cheeks and deep scars across his face and neck... someone addicted to pain or something?

Remove ads