• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Build Advice: UA Ranger - what to multi-class into?

Southpaw79

First Post
Hello all,

I am play testing the UA Ranger ( hand crossbow build ) and I am nearing the end of the released 5 levels. It appears that the campaign will actually be carrying on so I need to plan beyond the fifth level. I wanted some advice on what multi-classes would work well for a archer/sniper or short ranged archer builds.

The two obvious choices would be Fighter (any) or Rogue (assassin), but I keep thinking that Monk (shadow) could work well too. Can the monks extra movement, AC, and spells/abilities off-set what the Rogue could offer or is Expertise, bonus action movement, and SA too good to pass up? I am already bonus action starved as it is so I worry that cunning maneuvers will not get much use.

What are some MC combos you have come up with. Any odd combos that beg for a little play testing? Any in game experience would be greatly appreciated as well.

Yunru

Banned
Banned
It depends. UA Spell-less Ranger will love the Battlemaster, UA 2d6 Ranger loves the Assassin.

Don't worry about having to not use Crossbow Expert's BAA if you go rogue: the majority of your damage comes from Sneak Attack. Once you've secured that anything extra is just gravy.

Remove ads