• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Build me a mulcher/tank

Storyteller01

First Post
Arcana Unearthed. I think it's also in arcana evolved, but I'm not sure.

It's a feat that allows you to double your con bonus for hp accumulation, but only for the level the feat was taken. Warmains get this automatically at first level.

Octal40 said:
If you can talk your DM into allowing the Goliath from Races of Stone, it might be a nice option. LA +0. Their big claim to fame is that they're medium sized, but considered large if it is to their benefit. That means you can wield large weapons, are considered large when you grapple, considered medium for AC, etc., etc.
Intriguing, but I haven't picked up RoS yet. I do want to get it, and from what I have seen, goliath looks much better than, say, raptorians. Perhaps I'll have to look at moving this book up a bit on the priority list.

Shellman

First Post
Arbiter of Wyrms said:
I want to build a 1st level character specialized for combat.

Available classes include those in the Player's Handbook, Arcana Unearthed, Complete Warrior, Complete Arcane, Complete Adventurer. Races are generally from the same sources, but there is some flesibility there (i.e. Mythic Races might be allowed, as might the environment series or other WotC sources, but we're going for ECL1.

Stats have already been rolled as follows: 14, 15, 15, 16, 16, 17. (We roll 4d6, reroll 1's drop the low.)

Can anybody suggest a better build than Dwarf Warmain?

Wow!

Those are pretty nice rolls. Never had rolls like that unless we used the point buy system instead with a larger pool of points to start with.

Okay, I need to stick to ECL 1, so we're back to dwarf or giant. I'll take another look at the dwarf paragon and the giant racial level, and think on it some more.

The next question: is there a better class for this concept than warmain? Should I reconsider fighter? (We don't use preffered classes or multiclassing penalties.)

Remove ads