• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Build the Ultimate Level 6 Warrior! (or, Making Warrior Followers Worth It)

Scion

First Post
I would suggest going more the ranged/helping route. Anything they can do that would be somewhat diverting to the enemy, somewhat distracting, and also hard for them to get smacked for it.

Ring of evasion is good (improved evasion somehow?), Definately something that grants a continuous flat chance of negating outside forces: ring of blinking (did it get nerfed? or am I just imagining things?), cloak of displacement, brooch of shielding, ioun stone to prevent the need to breathe (this would negate certain poisons yes?, or you could just give them a periapt of proof against poison), and a continual ability to see invis (and etheral if possible).

If they each have a horn of valhalla, blasting, fog, and a few others they can quickly make combat difficult for your enemies.

Mount him on something interesting (you have lots of money, make it something cool)

Just give them anything that grants an immunity or flat chance to negate, these abilities will still help them greatly. Make them immune to as many things as possible and give them items that do interesting/useful things.

Scion

First Post
Halivar said:
Ring of spell turning, perhaps?

Or was it nerfed in 3.5?

yeah, only 3 activations per day :( plus it is about 100k.

Ring of spell storing may work, 50k and up to 5 levels of spells (cast at min level) the proper application of a 5th level spell might turn the tables now and then, I'd still suggest the other more permanent equipment though ;) flat rolls and immunities are the way to go for such a level desparity.

Halivar

First Post
Scion said:
yeah, only 3 activations per day :( plus it is about 100k.
Well, it's good to see they nerfed the price as well. Was 150K in 3.0.

In general, the dangers are ones that you prepare for, so a 3/day activation is not a bad thing, IMO. Definitely worth trying out.

Scion

First Post
Halivar said:
Well, it's good to see they nerfed the price as well. Was 150K in 3.0.

In general, the dangers are ones that you prepare for, so a 3/day activation is not a bad thing, IMO. Definitely worth trying out.

It is a great item, but it isnt useful against very many spells and needs to be activated and uses a third of the money you have for the character. I think the ring of blinking is actualy more useful as it will cancel more spells ;)

Oh! just thought of something, protection from alignment is necissary! how much would a continuous use item be for that? lol.. Dont want to deck these guys out and then be forced to kill them when they are dominated.

Creamsteak

Explorer
If your assistants are CR based, then couldn't you do a warrior 3/fighter 2 that can whirlwind at CR4? Then again, that's still not going to get that character anywhere except against the very weakest mooks.

The Iron Mark

First Post
Halivar said:
3.0 leadership, if I'm not mistaken, requires that you only take experts, warriors and commoners as followers. So, no adepts... :(

Rules are given in the ELH for using adepts, PC classes, and Prcs as followers.

Halivar

First Post
Tzudralkor said:
6th levelers will be useless in near epic combat. get rogues or experts in a major city and use them for a little extra income
Actually, I'm now leaning towards taking my 200+ under-7 NPC's as bards, rogues and experts and forming an interplanar spy network, with a name that forms a cool acronym like C.L.A.W. or M.U.N.C.H.K.I.N. or something.

At least I can get some good out of them.

My DM thinks I'm being silly.

Remove ads