Building Eberron (Using non-Eberron books)

Rystil Arden

First Post
stonegod said:
Wraithstrike is the core component of the breakage, and we've discussed that spell at length elsewhere (was it this thread?). Currently, wraithstrike is not allowed (and neither is the buguiler for at least 5 months).
Yep. Plus the temp HP from Vampiric Touch don't stack with each other. and beyond that, the Duskblade's ability only allows the spell to be channeled once to each target they attack in the full attack, not once per hit (although if they attack something different with each hit, then they do get one per hit). So really, nothing broken there.

EternalSword

First Post
Actually, no, the breakage is the synergy between full attack channel vamp. touch, and actually being able to hit with it. 3 vamp touches a round with on casting around hurts, I can make it 9 to 11 shots at 16th level without going outside of core+PHII where duskblade is from. TWF + 1 or 2 speed weapons of spell storing + full channel + vamp touch will annialate a lot of things without using wraithstrike.

EDIT: didn't remember that it was 1/target not 1/hit. I stand corrected. vamp touch restores lost hp before it give temporary, IIRC

Last edited:

Rystil Arden

First Post
EternalSword said:
Actually, no, the breakage is the synergy between full attack channel vamp. touch, and actually being able to hit with it. 3 vamp touches a round with on casting around hurts, I can make it 9 to 11 shots at 16th level without going outside of core+PHII where duskblade is from. TWF + 1 or 2 speed weapons of spell storing + full channel + vamp touch will annialate a lot of things without using wraithstrike.

EDIT: didn't remember that it was 1/target not 1/hit. I stand corrected. vamp touch restores lost hp before it give temporary, IIRC
I'm guessing you missed my post above. Also note that without Wraithstrike, many of those attacks with the crazy TWF are destined to miss their target.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Oops you edited while I was responding :lol:

As to Vampiric Touch, nope. Check it out:
SRD said:
You must succeed on a melee touch attack. Your touch deals 1d6 points of damage per two caster levels (maximum 10d6). You gain temporary hit points equal to the damage you deal. However, you can’t gain more than the subject’s current hit points +10, which is enough to kill the subject. The temporary hit points disappear 1 hour later.

Remove ads