Building Eberron (Using non-Eberron books)

Rystil Arden

First Post
Erekose13 said:
Instead of all cruch in an entire book we could break it down. Say 1 thread for all CW feats. 1 thread for all CW PrCs. etc.
Even so, let's say we have a thread from a book with 100 feats. That means if we spend an average of ten posts per feat (some of which could just be "Okay, now on to feat X--anyone have issues with feat X?" and several "YES" or "NO" votes), that's 25 pages and almost the max thread size

Erekose13

Explorer
True. I dont know a book with 100 feats, but spells are certainly possible. Or a book with 25 PrCs as each is likely to cause more concern than a bunch of feats. We can continue to break things down though as I think the concept is a valid one. Perhaps for feats we do CW - General Feats; CW - Tactical Feats; etc. I still think that grouping them by book in some fashion will make it easier to spot what has and hasnt been proposed/accepted yet. If I proposed 5 feats from CW I like today. You may not find out for another year that the one you wanted never got consideration cause we missed it. I agree we dont want everything from every book, and I agree that we want to keep each thread managable. But there has to be more organization than random proposals or things will get lost in the shuffle.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Erekose13 said:
True. I dont know a book with 100 feats, but spells are certainly possible. Or a book with 25 PrCs as each is likely to cause more concern than a bunch of feats. We can continue to break things down though as I think the concept is a valid one. Perhaps for feats we do CW - General Feats; CW - Tactical Feats; etc. I still think that grouping them by book in some fashion will make it easier to spot what has and hasnt been proposed/accepted yet. If I proposed 5 feats from CW I like today. You may not find out for another year that the one you wanted never got consideration cause we missed it. I agree we dont want everything from every book, and I agree that we want to keep each thread managable. But there has to be more organization than random proposals or things will get lost in the shuffle.
Hmm....That's true. What could be a very good idea, then, is to have that checklist somewhere but not make it the discussion or proposal thread. So the big checklist exists for all feats in CW, so when someone proposes 5 of them in a proposal thread, you can check them off the checklist?

Erekose13

Explorer
That'd work too. One big thread with lots of books. One post per book with a big list of content. It'd keep it together for those looking to build characters too.

Bront

The man with the probe
Start a proposal thread with the classes everyone agrees on, we'll get it out of the way quickly :)

Warlock, Scout, Spirit Shamen, Spellthief, Hexblade, (Swashbuckler is in a different thread already), Favored Soul, (Archivist is in another thread), and Marshal.

EternalSword

First Post
Just thought I'd warn you guys about some high-level duskblade brokenness. Take the full attack channel spell they get at level 13, (optional) cast wraithstrike if you've custom reasearched it or your DM let you get it (yes, I know it's not on their list, but that's only since one is CV, and the other is PHII, it fits thier flavor and spell list perfectly), add an empower vampiric touch, and full attack the BBEG. Presto, anywhere from 15d6*1.5 to 60d6*15 bonus damage and you're back to full heall virtually garunteed. Doesn't work on constructs. Suicidal on undead.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
EternalSword said:
Just thought I'd warn you guys about some high-level duskblade brokenness. Take the full attack channel spell they get at level 13, (optional) cast wraithstrike if you've custom reasearched it or your DM let you get it (yes, I know it's not on their list, but that's only since one is CV, and the other is PHII, it fits thier flavor and spell list perfectly), add an empower vampiric touch, and full attack the BBEG. Presto, anywhere from 15d6*1.5 to 60d6*15 bonus damage and you're back to full heall virtually garunteed. Doesn't work on constructs. Suicidal on undead.
Wraithstrike is the core component of the breakage, and we've discussed that spell at length elsewhere (was it this thread?). Currently, wraithstrike is not allowed (and neither is the buguiler for at least 5 months).

Remove ads