Keith Baker asks about walking away from Eberron.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Just a comment on this from someone who has been looking at PF2 for the last ... six months or so I'd say. Sales and growth of PF2 are going crazy at the moment. I've watched some livestreams with people well known for D&D content (at least that's where I knew them from) and it's been exciting times.
Not Another D&D Podcast did 90 minutes on Pathfinder 2 this week in a very special episode and while they didn't say so outright, it sounds like they're going to drop 5E after the current campaign.

WotC is driving away major podcasts that they've featured on Dragon Talk and have D&D in their name. Amazing.

Incidentally, I don't think PF2 is for me as a DM -- I don't want or need a rule for every possible situation -- but I would love to play it some time, as I could finally play a character similar to my WoW main on tabletop without massive amounts of houserules. (The less said about the 3E-era Warcraft game, the better.)

OB1

Jedi Master
He should look to CR as an example. Create the new setting as his own IP, and license it to WotC without giving up his ownership rights. Then he can access the D&D market and still be able to sell it to other systems (or his own) if there is interest and desire.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
He should look to CR as an example. Create the new setting as his own IP, and license it to WotC without giving up his ownership rights. Then he can access the D&D market and still be able to sell it to other systems (or his own) if there is interest and desire.
WotC isn't offering many people that deal. I think he'd be best off just planning on a Kickstarter campaign book and selling other books via POD at DriveThruRPG. He's got a big enough name to be an almost guaranteed best seller.

ChaosOS

Legend
In the Eberron server, there's two non-D&D systems that receive sustained interest - PF2 and Savage Worlds. PF2 because it's generally pretty popular as a D&D alternative, while Savage Worlds is the hobbyhorse of former Manifest Zone host Kristian Serrano, who successfully convinced a good chunk of the community to use the system (including me; just last night I had another session of my now 2 year old Dark Sun Savage Worlds campaign)

Haplo781

Legend
In the Eberron server, there's two non-D&D systems that receive sustained interest - PF2 and Savage Worlds. PF2 because it's generally pretty popular as a D&D alternative, while Savage Worlds is the hobbyhorse of former Manifest Zone host Kristian Serrano, who successfully convinced a good chunk of the community to use the system (including me; just last night I had another session of my now 2 year old Dark Sun Savage Worlds campaign)
There's an official Pathfinder conversion for Savage Worlds as well.

Remove ads