• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Bunnies and Burrows - 3rd Edition

Kor

First Post
Bunnies and Burrows is coming out with a 3rd release, and I am greatly looking forward to seeing what this brings to the game.

I remember watching the movie "Watership Down" well before I ever started playing roleplaying games. Around 1992, when Gurps released a version of this game (the first I had ever heard of Bunnies & Burrows), I just had to run a campaign loosely tied into Watership Down.

I have great memories of that mini-campaign, but there were just some aspects about the Gurps system that I never really liked.

Bunnies and Burrows is now running a Kickstarter for a 3rd edition release. For people that just want to give something different a try (and perhaps something a little light-hearted and humorous at times), I recommend looking into the Kickstarter. For added inspiration, I would even recommend watching Watership Down. (Although, I have not watched this in many years so I'm certain the animation will seem a little archaic compared to today's standards, but it did tell a good story).

Kickstarter link:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/froggodgames/bunnies-and-burrows/description

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
Watership Down is a horror movie! It gave me nightmares as a child and it still gives me the creeps now, I can't watch it.

I do remember the GURPS supplement however

Kor

First Post
I could certainly understand that. At that time, animation was generally associated with young child focused audiences. (Mickey Mouse, Flintstones, Scooby Doo, etc.) A young child watching this (or parents showing this to their young child) and expecting to see a Bugs Bunny comedy show would have been greatly disappointed and most certainly somewhat disturbed.

Remove ads