• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Buzz on Aces and Eights?

Jolly_Blackburn

First Post
Whoot!!! Books are supposed to arrive on our dock on Wed.
And over half the print run is already sold via pre-order.

Gonna be some celebratin' I think. ;)

Mark Plemmons

Explorer
Well, the books are here! (Not just Aces & Eights, but 8 more new products!)

So distributor orders are going out today, tomorrow, and most of next week! :D

MarkAHart

Explorer
This game just looks incredible based on the previews. After spending the weekend watching John Wayne movies, I wanted the game to be out now!

The shot clock is a fun idea -- "aim small, miss small..."

Can't wait to get a copy of this!

Hard8Staff

First Post
Mark Plemmons said:
Well, the books are here! (Not just Aces & Eights, but 8 more new products!)

So distributor orders are going out today, tomorrow, and most of next week! :D

A Kalamar (d20) sourcebook (Svimohzia), a couple of Necromancer books, a bunch of KoDT: Bundles of Trouble, a HUGE HM adventure (Dead Gawd's Hand) and, of course, Aces & Eights. We'll be shipping this stuff out over the next several weeks/months.

Dave

Greylock

First Post
Oh man, I bought this book today. It's been sitting here for a couple of hours, awaiting me. My DM, Will, just called me, and broke me away from forumiting for a moment, and while we yakked I cracked it open.

Oh yes. Cracked. New book smell. Something I usually don't expect from RPG books. Will immediately heard my gasp, and asked what was the matter. Oh my god. The beauty of this book! It is something to behold. Surely, the most beautiful RPG book I have ever laid eyes on, and I often buy books just because they look good. This one is grand!

He kept asking me what I thought about this, or that, or what the mechanic was like. I couldn't answer. I couldn't read the details. This book is sheer eye-candy. And the writing style is wonderful. I read parts of it out loud while trying to listen to Will talk about our upcoming Rifts game.

I might be begging him to run this soon.

Glee.

I hope the system is as cool as the rest of the book.

Remove ads