• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Calistis: there be zombies!

SethDrebitko

First Post
So my current free article series details the world of Calistis, a zombie infested fantasy world without magic. So far I h\ave posted about the basic classes of the land, as well as the rules for the zombies themselves. I am also planning to get some races up soon. Overall I wanted to get some opinions from folks on a couple things.
I am thinking I want the races to be non-standard despite the no magic nature of the setting. Next set of articles will be describing these races 1 by one, but I would really like to get opinions on what people might like to see next.

Would you like more zombies?
Regions?
Anything?

Last edited:

balam_br

Explorer
Hello seth, i read your articles and really liked your idea. Some questions:

How will you deal with infection? if a simple scratch can make you zombie... the players will run from fights all the time. Are you aiming at a more fluff game?

Rogue are one of your base classes, but they will be really nerfed against undead... will you make something to replace sneak attack damage?

SethDrebitko

First Post
How will you deal with infection? if a simple scratch can make you zombie... the players will run from fights all the time. Are you aiming at a more fluff game?

Infection: When a character takes any points of str damage at all from a zombie bit they count as being infected and their fate is sealed.

Rogue are one of your base classes, but they will be really nerfed against undead... will you make something to replace sneak attack damage?

Ah good catch! I should note, and will have to clarify on the blog, I let rogue sneak attack anything. I take it more as hitting the weak spots on anything they are fighting.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads