• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Call of the Netherdeep: marketing has begun, screenshots thread

carmachu

Adventurer
Im not a critical roll fan. But I trust a Mercer adventure to be more what I’m looking for then Wotc design team at this point

Last edited:

I guess I don't understand if it's a "real adventure" or a marketing tie-in? Like is it more "Rime of the Frostmaiden" or "Rick & Morty?" Can I use it if I don't know anything about Critical Role?
I wouldn't want to get something that is just "here are the stats from your favorite characters from the show and watch them do cool stuff."
It seems to me to just be a normal D&D adventure book (so more like Rime of the Frost Maiden). I've seen no indication that the characters from the show will be featured in it (I think that would be listed as a selling point if they were).

Urriak Uruk

Gaming is fun, and fun is for everyone
I guess I don't understand if it's a "real adventure" or a marketing tie-in? Like is it more "Rime of the Frostmaiden" or "Rick & Morty?" Can I use it if I don't know anything about Critical Role?
I wouldn't want to get something that is just "here are the stats from your favorite characters from the show and watch them do cool stuff."

No one has seen it yet obviously, but it seems to tilt more towards Rime of the Frostmaiden rather than Rick & Morty. Meaning, yes some background knowledge on Critical Role would be helpful (which is not so different than knowing Forgotten Realms lore for RotFM), but it's probably not necessary to run this adventure.

I am fairly certain that few characters from the show are statted up. For one, this is set after campaign 2 of CR. And I feel like that would be advertised if their PCs were statted, as they are for the Tal'Dorei Reborn book.

Urriak Uruk

Gaming is fun, and fun is for everyone
how is the introductory adventure in wildemount? would it compliment this potentially?

Mercer was interviewed somewhere, and said his intention is very much for any of the introductory adventures in Wildemount (there are 4) to be used as an intro to this one. The 4 are all pretty different so unlikely have any direct ties, but they seem to be level appropriate introductions and are are on Wildemount, where the Netherdeep campaign book begins.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
It's a straight Campaign book. And since Exandria is pretty standard D&D, aside from the detail work, it should be easy enough to file off the serial numbers and put it in any world. Probably will have a sidebar for that purpose.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads