D&D 5E Calling of Vecna 5E

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
Jareth looks at the others. There was the possibility that this was a trap. It did seem to easy.

"Caution is a good idea. I can cause someone to attack the Kobolds. Either the guards at the wagon or those inside the bar. It will cause a distraction and trouble for the creatures. I or someone else can use the commotion to take the box containing the eye and the crown."

Keeping the eye hidden from magical detection would be difficult. He hoped Ataxa or Pladus had some way to accomplish this task.

"How do you plan to shield the eye?"

"I for one cannot shield the eye" Ataxa offers. "Your plan has its merits, but may I suggest that we attack as a distraction in last resort. If we attack, we are committed to one course of actions, and cannot attempt subterfuge. I was thinking of approaching the guards, with my appearance as one of the city guards. Should one of the caravan guards need to be removed from his functions, I could assume his identity. Should this fail, an attack could be triggered to create a diversion. What say you all?"

Jareth laughs "You misunderstood, I never said we attack. I said I'll make someone attack them. Having the bars bouncer or a city guard attack them would not be traced back to us. As the fight commences we can enter the wagon and take what we want." He scratches his chin. "I can make a city guards man believe they have stolen from us or anyone. Or have them convinced that the kobolds are attacking patrons. Anything that will make them attack the kobolds. If this does not work for you I can convince one of the wagon guards to take a stroll down that alley over there where Roa can be waiting."

Jareth shrugs at Ataxa.

"There is no subterfuge with me. I will just implant the truth into their minds and they will believe it to their core. The thought will fade quickly but it will be long enough for me to get what we need."

TallIan

Explorer
Pladus the Dark, Necromancer 4

"Getting an eye won't be a problem, and I can easily make it appear magical, at least for a while. How accurately it will mimic our Lord's sacrificed Eye is another matter."

[SBLOCK=Mini Stats]
HP: 34 (4d6 + 16)
AC: 15 (10 + 5 DEX) or 18 (13 @ Mage Armour + 5 DEX)
Speed: 30
Init: +5
Passive Perception: 14

Spell Attack: +7
Spell save DC: 15
Dagger: +7 1d4+5
Quarterstaff: +3 1d6+1
[/SBLOCK]

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Greenmtn

Explorer
Roa

"It could look like the Eye stepped on for all it matters, we want to make it look like the eye is nothing, that it is the crown we are after, leaving the box, on the ground on top of a crushed eye, along with anything else not easily fenced, will help make it look like common theft." Roa says, glancing around as casually as possible, starting to become conscience of the time spent here, and curious whose attention they might have drawn.

TallIan

Explorer
Pladus the Dark, Necromancer 4

"Yes that is true." Pladus says to Roa. "We're agreed then, we will steal whatever shiny baubles these Kobolds have near the Eye and plant a fake Eye that is best damaged during the theft?"

OOC: Can Pladus have an eye spare back at the temple for his experiments or do we have to find an NPC to maim?

[SBLOCK=Mini Stats]
HP: 34 (4d6 + 16)
AC: 15 (10 + 5 DEX) or 18 (13 @ Mage Armour + 5 DEX)
Speed: 30
Init: +5
Passive Perception: 14

Spell Attack: +7
Spell save DC: 15
Dagger: +7 1d4+5
Quarterstaff: +3 1d6+1
[/SBLOCK]

Greenmtn

Explorer
Roa

"Very well then, find out what more you can while we are gone. Pladus lets make this quick, I am eager to see the condition of this eye."

Roa starts turning to return to the hideout.

Remove ads