• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Campaign Brainstorming

BSF

Explorer
Gods, Powers, etc

Melinda asked me last night if I would be using the same gods and such in the next campaign. I certainly can! I like some of them a lot. But I am asking about everything else. so why not ask about this? What do you folks think about the Gods and Powers? Should I hold the line and keep going as I generally have? Or are there changes you think are necessary?

Macbeth

First Post
I like the no class skills rule. Maybe it's just because Deigh gets a ton of skill points, but it does allow some branching out. I guess most of the time it doesn't make a big difference, but I think the option of doing what you want with skill points is great, and I've yet to see it have any negative effect on gameplay.

BSF

Explorer
Races

So what races should we keep around for the next campaign?

I am partial toward the following for PC races.
  • Humans
  • Gnomes
  • Halflings
  • Hobgoblins - Possibly

Everything else is something I am unsure on. As I am plotting out the world, I will probably make decisions based on the cool factor of race/location. So does anybody have a particular desire for other races? If so, which and why?

BSF

Explorer
Macbeth said:
I like the no class skills rule. Maybe it's just because Deigh gets a ton of skill points, but it does allow some branching out. I guess most of the time it doesn't make a big difference, but I think the option of doing what you want with skill points is great, and I've yet to see it have any negative effect on gameplay.

Then there was the number of skills that Felix eeked out with the features of the Wanderer class! But no, none of it seemed to be unbalancing. If you want to find traps with decent DCs you still need the Trapfinding class ability. I suppose UMD could get unbalancing at some point, but it just doesn't seem likely.

Macbeth

First Post
BardStephenFox said:
So what races should we keep around for the next campaign?

I am partial toward the following for PC races.
  • Humans
  • Gnomes
  • Halflings
  • Hobgoblins - Possibly

Everything else is something I am unsure on. As I am plotting out the world, I will probably make decisions based on the cool factor of race/location. So does anybody have a particular desire for other races? If so, which and why?
Idon't really have any preference on races. There are lots of wacky third-party OGL races, but I think the core races cover most of what you need. Heck, with the broad choices in classes, especially once you hit PrCs and OGL classes, you could easily enough get by with a party entirely of humans... which we've already almost got.

Remove ads