• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Campaign Wiki's

Byronic

First Post
I could have sworn I saw a nice link in a post the last week here but I can't for the life of me remember what it was.

It was a link to a site that hosted RPG wiki's for campaigns. It had places where you could write characters, decide what information was available for the pulic etc.

Anyone know what site I'm referring to? Would love to have the link.

Byronic

First Post

YES! This was it! That was driving me crazy! I only thought about it because my ST kinda.. lost their notes. Must never happen again.

I posted Epic Words - a home for your RPG - Role-playing Game Blogs and Wikis in a thread asking about such stuff. It's a blog/wiki/character bio site that also has loot and xp tracking.

No... but I do like it and am certainly happy to have it bookmarked

Chaoszero

First Post
I use wikidot, but I admit that I started mine before I heard about obsidian portal and now I am sad. I could move it over, but the wiki I have suits me fine and ... I'm too lazy.

BTW: As a guy who loves reading other campaign wikis, a BIG TIP: Put an introduction page or section there for guests; like a "Start here if you're new". It'll help people visiting and more importantly, it gives your players a place to look up the most relevant info.

I use a "player's guide" type section called "Adventuring" and then I'm writing down the stories of the different campaigns in chronological order to help tell the story.

Its too easy to make a wiki that is full of nothing information to others.

Enforcer

Explorer
I use Epic Words (as noted in my sig). As an additional plug, the site administrators/inventors are players in my D&D campaign. They're awesome people.

Stormtower

First Post
I think it's great that there are wiki sites out there exclusively for RPGs. Some of those features are pretty sweet for XP and treasure tracking, etc. There's some really great stuff out there.

For a more general-use wiki, and one that I've found works great for my D&D campaign purposes, try pbwiki. The link to my campaign's wiki on that site is in my sig. I find pwiki's editing interface to be intuitive and simple to use.

Remove ads