• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Can a familiar use their own HP's instead of 1/2 masters?

Magic Rub

First Post
Caliban said:
My 7th level wizard had a pseudodragon familiar who's normal hit points were more than 1/2 his total at the time he got the familiar. (Having a 10 con can do that to you.)

Oh ya well...

My 7th level wizard had a Imp familiar who's normal hit points were more than 1/2 his total at the time he got the familiar. (Having a 12 con can do that to you.):p

:)

Macbrea

First Post
We had a dwarven fighter 10/dwarven defender 4 take a level of sorceror 1 (familiar toad) in my underground campaign. He did it because he wanted to be able to use a few of the wizards wands. That toad was very healthy.

Magic Rub

First Post
Macbrea said:
We had a dwarven fighter 10/dwarven defender 4 take a level of sorceror 1 (familiar toad) in my underground campaign. He did it because he wanted to be able to use a few of the wizards wands. That toad was very healthy.

Toads are fun. Has he ever licked it? We had a sorceror who's whole shtick was toad licking. The Toads name was Dig'um. Yes like Sugar Smack's. The sorceror had a wicked speach imped. due to having most of his taste buds burnt away by the Toad's 'poison'. He was the comic relief in that party. Often he would get random spot checks or arcane insight bonuses because his toad would "Talk to him" ;)

Lela

First Post
Magic Rub said:

Toads are fun. Has he ever licked it? We had a sorceror who's whole shtick was toad licking. The Toads name was Dig'um. Yes like Sugar Smack's. The sorceror had a wicked speach imped. due to having most of his taste buds burnt away by the Toad's 'poison'. He was the comic relief in that party. Often he would get random spot checks or arcane insight bonuses because his toad would "Talk to him" ;)

My group had a Sorceror who sniffed candles. He was completely ubsessed with fire and spent a huge amount of his starting gold on candles to sniff. You'd never know he had an 18 Int.

Remove ads