• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Can Anyone Help Me?

Tudutsujin

First Post
For years I've wanted to learn D&D but havent come to know anyone who plays. Can anyone help me learn how to play. Mentor me or even point me in the right derection for advice?

Aeson

I am the mysterious professor.
There is a Dungeons & Dragons for Dummies book. It could be a good place to start. If you can find a game or comic shop near you, you should be able to find someone there. Many gamers are friendly and willing to help. We want to grow the fan base. Also welcome to the site.

Tudutsujin

First Post
Thanks for the warm welcome. Ive been trying to get a hold of someone for days but havent had any succes tell now. I thank you for any help and hope soon to be joining your games and maybe even making my own.

Dagger75

Epic Commoner
Tudutsujin said:
I'm In casselberry

Well on the other side of the state from you. The wizards board will tell you how to play.

The best way to learn to play is to actually play and run a game. If you got a group friends have one guy rn one day, make some new characters and let another person run. You should be able to see who like to run the game after that. Then the more you run the easier it gets. Also we are genrally very helpful here if you have a specific question.

Good Luck and say good bye to your money if you keep with the hobby :D

Tudutsujin

First Post
Well sounds good how would i but how would i get to, find this place? as far as money goes haha I think ill be ok holding down 3 jobs right now.

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
If you don't have a lot of time, consider joining a PbP game. Maybe a GM will be willing to work with new players.

For clarification...

PbP = Play by Post.

Essentially, its playing through message boards or a similar system on the net.

Though if you haven't played before, I'd suggest tracking down a group of your own(or creating one from friends if necessary) and learning the game face to face first. Its much, much easier to learn when people are right there with you, even if they're learning it too.

Remove ads