• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Can Anyone Help Me?

Tudutsujin

First Post
I've tried finding someone in my area but the only person I've found that has ever plaid it is my guidance counciler and the person who actually made D&D, Dave Arneson. Though i havent gotten them to play a game >.> and none of my friends want to get into it

PrinceZane

First Post
Checking wizards is good, reading through the Enworld links are good. I'm ashamed to say that I don't have the SRD (System Reference Document) link memorized, but that's a really good place to start as well. Comic book stores, game shops, etc are good places to meet people. If your a net junkie, you can put D&D on any type of profile page you might have (aol, yahoo, etc) and you might stumble across someone as well.

Or, if you want to go nuts, get a tshirt/hat made that is D&D related (as simple as saying "Yes, I play D&D" or "I <3 my d20" or whatever.

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
That's another advantage of a Play-By-Post game. Since it's online, it doesn't have to be with anyone in the area. Just post to the proper EN World forum.

I agree with Ankh that it's easier to learn when the people are right there, but if that's not possible, then you have to take what you can get.

Although playing with Dave Arneson would be cool. ;)

Hmmm...well, there's probably some kind of gaming store somewhere around you. Find one and check it out, talk with someone who works there about wanting to find a D&D group and that you really want to learn(and, of course, play). Some gaming stores have boards and such where people post about wanting new players, etc.

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
Oh, true. There are also sites that will help you find other Florida gamers/stores. EN World has a forum to find gamers, too.

Tudutsujin

First Post
ya Arnison is about as good a teacher as it gets haha, but hes always busy. Who would have guessed right lol. he has the coolest damn coffee mug too >.<. But anyways Going to stores hasnt helped yet but thats because down by me there all almost run by kids in there teens, but im going to check out this group who plays at a nearby school, and im going to talk with Arnison and see if he has any free time on his hands. Thanks for you help everyone. Maybe I could be joining your games soon and you'll have to show me the ropes. Haha i know dont think about the pain in the ass part yet. If anyone cares to see some of my writting in ( I know its not D&D based stories but its what i got ) there in a topic called Tudutsujin over in "story time" tell me what you think

TemplarSaint

First Post
If you haven't already been there, go over to Sci-Fi City on Colonial, in the Home Depot/PetSmart shopping center. They have a lot of games running on Saturdays and Sundays, and the staff may be able to give you some help in finding a group.

Aeson

I am the mysterious professor.
It seems most gamers are helpful to newbies. If you have questions about the game itself feel free to ask someone here.

Remove ads