• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Can someone suggest a free or cheap data recovery software?

Aeson

I am the mysterious professor.
I'm looking for something free or cheap. I looked at a demo of Data Doctor but it costs $69 to actually get the files instead of just finding them. Thank you.

Aeson

Trying to undelete files on Windows.

I'll check that one out when I get home. Thanks.

Last edited:

Aeson

Data Doctor found folders that were deleted but Undelete found nothing. I tried one called Restoration also and nothing. :erm: I wonder what is the difference. I may have to pay for the Data Doctor program.

dvvega

Explorer
Be very aware that if you install software onto your hard drive you may be overwriting space of things that were undeleted.

Deletion simply writes a 0 in the first byte of the file tables which says "nothing here - free space - you can use it".

So if you defrag or install/copy/add files to your system you will possibly be overwriting those files anyway.

D

Aeson

Thank you. I think at this point I'm looking to repair files if possible. I've recovered most of them using the pay software Data Doctor.

provin

First Post
Re:

Why dont you try Stellar Phoenix Partition Recovery Software for your undelete files.This software Recover deleted files after recycle bin has been emptied or use of Shift+Delete key Recover missing and lost logical drives.gud luck

Remove ads