• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Can you stack magic weapon special abilities?

Wystan

Explorer
Yes to the first, but as far as I am aware no to the second, no stacking 2 of the exact same enchantment. (Named Bonus stacking)

CsonTep

First Post
My first thought to Flaming Flaming was also, NO. But, why not, it would just do extra damage and take two standard actions to turn on.

KDM27

squee

First Post
CsonTep said:
My first thought to Flaming Flaming was also, NO. But, why not, it would just do extra damage and take two standard actions to turn on.

KDM27

I've seen this discussion a bunch of times on various forums and i haven't seen a rules argument for this to be disallowed except that because it would be better than flaming burst, but of course the counter argument would be that it's probably worse than cold shock. The best argument I've is that you can't really set things on fire twice...

NightCrawler

First Post
Yes to the first one but i am not sure about the second... I havent come up with this thought b4 cause i dont think that it is worth +1 flaming flaming even if it is allowed.
I think +1 flaming shock or +1 shock cold are better...

Teydyn

First Post
Yes and No.

We play with only 1 type of elemental damage on a weapon, but you can take it multiple times. (Flaming Frost? Shocking Acid? Blargh :) )

glass

(he, him)
I agree with the chorus:

Two different banes -yes.

Flaming+flaming -no by RAW, but I'd probably be inclined to allow it if anyone wanted it.

glass.

Rvdvelden

First Post
Take a look at the melee weapon special abilities table (bold added):
4 Reroll if you get a duplicate special ability, an ability incompatible with an ability that you’ve already rolled, or if the extra ability puts you over the +10 limit. A weapon’s enhancement bonus and special ability bonus equivalents can’t total more than +10.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads