Canada

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
So your national dish is Chinese?

Not traditional Chinese, no. The accepted history is that, while working on the railroads back in the 1800s, Chinese cooks came up with the dish as an easy facsimile of cottage pie or shepherd's pie that could be made with ingredients commonly available (ground beef, creamed corn, and potatoes - the creamed corn meant they didn't need to cook up a separate gravy). Canadian railroad workers took the dish back home.

Zombie_Babies

First Post
A bad analogy?

That and a tourist trap, yes. And your airport sucks hard, bro.

I annul it with my jury powers!

Yeah baby! That's the stuff! Set that murderer free cuz you don't like abortion law!

You were asleep...

It happens.

Did I say it was?

It was heavily implied, sir.

Not traditional Chinese, no. The accepted history is that, while working on the railroads back in the 1800s, Chinese cooks came up with the dish as an easy facsimile of cottage pie or shepherd's pie that could be made with ingredients commonly available (ground beef, creamed corn, and potatoes - the creamed corn meant they didn't need to cook up a separate gravy). Canadian railroad workers took the dish back home.

First, what I said was a joke ... party pooper. :p Second, thanks for the history lesson. Wait - I'm being serious. That sort of thing really does interest me and I appreciate the opportunity. It's the kind of minor detail that tends to stick in my brain.

Kramodlog

Naked and living in a barrel
Tim Horton was a hockey player who co-founded a donut shop in 1964 and it grew into the franchise we know today.

No. It is the primary product of the store.
And the ti-morton that we mock cause people withtout taste or healthy habits go to.

I would guess the war in question was WWII and the persecution referenced was against Asian Canadians.
She moved up north, from Canada to Greenland?

Kramodlog

Naked and living in a barrel
That and a tourist trap, yes. And your airport sucks hard, bro.
Yup and yup. Who would want to come visite here aside from rubs?

Yeah baby! That's the stuff! Set that murderer free cuz you don't like abortion law!
Exactly!

It happens.
Yup. /smokes cigarette

It was heavily implied, sir.
Nah, it's just the name of the dish. And the railroad origine is a theory, no evidence exist of it.

First, what I said was a joke ... party pooper. :p Second, thanks for the history lesson. Wait - I'm being serious. That sort of thing really does interest me and I appreciate the opportunity. It's the kind of minor detail that tends to stick in my brain.[/QUOTE]

Zombie_Babies

First Post
Yup and yup. Who would want to come visite here aside from rubs?

I have no idea why anyone would ever want to go there.

*zip*

Yup. /smokes cigarette

Sticky ...

Nah, it's just the name of the dish. And the railroad origine is a theory, no evidence exist of it.

Lies! You stole it from the Chinese like you stole your land from the Native Americans!

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
[MENTION=55961]goldomark[/MENTION], I see when you quote an ignored person, but not when The said ignored person posts any thing.

Remove ads