• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Can't connect to the URL, only the IP

Klaus

First Post
I managed to connect by setting IE to use a proxy in (currently) Lithuania. The proxy I tried in the US didn't manage to connect to ENW or CM.

It's slow as hell, tho.

unleashed

First Post
Erekose13 said:
It would appear that doghead is having the same issue. He just emailed me. Klaus, what IP did you get for ENWorld. Scratch that I know how to get that - http://65.127.163.19/ I'll pass on the advice here to doghead.
Just thought I'd mention that I tried the IP address solution and it didn't work for me.

Darkness

Hand and Eye of Piratecat [Moderator]
unleashed said:
Just thought I'd mention that I tried the IP address solution and it didn't work for me.
By the way, Nifelhein, a poster from Brazil, mentioned the same problem in RPG.net (i.e., not even the IP works for him), here. (Note: Tangency thread. Must be logged into RPG.net to read.)

His problem is:
Calypso said:
You're crapping out at:

63-144-217-198.cust.neotechus.com

NeoTech is, apparently, a backbone service provider, with a slowass page.

Last edited:

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
This just started happening for me on my home computer.

It seems unlikely that all these people all around the world would simultaneously develop this problem coincidentally: Has ENWorld's host changed something this week?

trilobite

Explorer
iwatt has not been able to get on ENWorld for the past week or so. He is in Chile. I had him try the IP address and it didn't work.

Nifelhein

First Post
Thanks for reposting ym problem, Darkness, I have been able to connect to the site just today, quick and simple. I will have to compare pinging with trace route to see what is happening now that wasn't before.

I advise people to ask those facign the issue to see if they can connect now.

GwydapLlew

First Post
I have had sporadic access over the week; it's affected both myself and another member over at CM as well. I was unable to access either ENW or CM for about five hours today, as was he; we were connecting from two seperate office buildings that belong to entirely different companies.

Remove ads