• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Can't find a used PHB v.3.5 for under $45 USD

Rakor

First Post
PHBs available

I feel really inappropriate doing this but people have been asking. Sentry Box Main Page in Calgary got 6 or 7 Player's Handbooks in last week. I think they are ~$60 canadian for the near mint ones. We also got at least one of the starter sets with the softcover PH which is around ~$30 USD I think. There might be a Mongoose pocket SRD thing kicking around too. The store does mail order as well.

And since I'm being rude and pimping the store where I work anyways: Ask about our OOP CCGs! Great deal on Middle Earth CCG. Please take them off of our hands. Please, I'm begging you.

Agamon

Adventurer
I feel really inappropriate doing this but people have been asking. Sentry Box Main Page in Calgary got 6 or 7 Player's Handbooks in last week. I think they are ~$60 canadian for the near mint ones. We also got at least one of the starter sets with the softcover PH which is around ~$30 USD I think. There might be a Mongoose pocket SRD thing kicking around too. The store does mail order as well.

Rakor, do you guys take in used books? I know you guys have a plethora of older edition stuff, but I wasn't sure if SB accepts trade-ins, as used stuff isn't a big part of your stock. My books are all in great condition, and I'm not looking for much for them.

Agamon

Adventurer
Since the Canadian and US dollar are nearly equal at this point, that book is $55+ USD. Can you explain why your store has marked up the book to 200% of its SRP?

Not right now, it's not. Around .77-.78 on the dollar Friday, I think.

And mark up on hard to find or oop items that are in demand is a standard business practice. I'm betting it'd be tough to find a near mint D&D(1972) copy for list price, too. ;)

Cergorach

The Laughing One
I just sold someone a PHB 3.5E (new) for €30, I think I should start asking more for them...

dead

Explorer

Thanks for the link. I can get a near mint copy for $45 USD elsewhere though.

I just bought a near mint copy but with a name inside for the equivalent of $25 USD anyway. This will do me until the hype dies down.

Rakor

First Post
We absolutely take trade-ins on certain items. 3.5 books are something the store needs.

As to the mark-up: we looked at what they were selling for online and chose what we thought was a reasonable price. It's a little ridiculous but that seems to be where the market is right now.

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
Heh. That's supply and demand for you!

We don't mind Rakor mentioning his store, but please drop him an email if you have questions, instead of skewing the thread. Thanks.

Remove ads