• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Can't wait for 4e

The Lost Muse

First Post
I'm starting to form a group in anticipation of 4e - BUT it's been over a year since I last gamed, and I don't wanna wait until June 6th.

I was thinking of couple of different options to tide me over until 4e comes out:

1) Start a Ptolus campaign, and run through the Night of Dissolution, then convert to 4e. This one will take a while to do right, but could be worth the time. Plus Ptolus is all kinds of awesome, even if I do have to convert everything once I go 4e.

2) Run some high level 3.5 trying to prevent the end of the world/release of the evil god stuff, and ensure that no PC survives the final encounter, then start from scratch.

3) Play some Freeport, and just convert to 4e once it's out without an in-game reason.

4) Something else?

I'm open to suggestions, and would welcome some input.

Thanks!

darjr

I crit!
1-3 are all great ideas.

Me? I love 3, could even do a little of 1 and 2 in it. i.e. you could use freeport and extend your 3.5 use for as long as you need, then end it all with a world shattering adventure.

Start your 4e off in freeport, picking up the pieces, sort of D&D post apoc.

Dice4Hire

First Post
Well, it is only a month, so why not start now. Run the Raiders of Oakhurst one weekend, and then look at the 4e Lite books for more ideas to do a few more one-shots. Have everyone switch classes each week/session until the real thing comes out.

Edit: Some people may take $e wrong.

thalmin

Retired game store owner
You have only about 2 weeks until Keep on the Shadowfell comes out, which is 4E and contains pregens and quick-start rules. You won't finish Shadowfell before the 4E books are available.

The Lost Muse

First Post
thalmin said:
You have only about 2 weeks until Keep on the Shadowfell comes out, which is 4E and contains pregens and quick-start rules. You won't finish Shadowfell before the 4E books are available.

I was considering Keep on the Shadowfell, but I'm not sure I want to drop the money when it's only two more weeks before the proper books come out. I'm just unhappy about the lack of a stripped down PHB lite.

Also, Freeport is awesome, and each module in the original trilogy only takes a night or two to run.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads