Cardstock Dungeons

Zaukrie

New Publisher
I'll second that it is a great activity for children to do with you. They get a sense of modeling, 3D, how things fit together....and, they get to see their work (and play with it!). My kids are great and good with Lego, this seems to be a good next step for them.

ChristianW

First Post
nyrfherdr said:
... but it is something you can do with your buddies, with your children (should you have any) or any other hobby minded person, regardless of whether they are into roleplaying.

I kind of like the idea of a gaming group getting together once in a while to assemble terrain for an upcoming session. Since everyone will be using the terrain, it's only fair that everyone participate in its construction.

Conaill

First Post
KaosDevice said:
How hard is the Maiden to build? It looks nifty but also like a great deal of work.
It's a good deal of work, but mainly because it's such a large model (with lots of optional props to add to it as well). Technically, it's not really all that complicated though.

Disclaimer: I haven't actually *finished* mine yet, so other people may be able to give you a more detailed answer on which parts were hard for them. But that's just because I've been so swamped with work I haven't had any time to do modeling (or roleplaying, for that matter) for several months...

catsclaw227

First Post
FATDRAGONGAMES said:
E-Z Dungeons was designed from the ground up for beginner card modelers and has oversized glue tabs for easy gluing. You also have the option on many pieces of using double sided tape instead of glue.

Is FatDragonGames planning any Fantasy village cardstock stuff?

FATDRAGONGAMES

First Post
catsclaw227 said:
Is FatDragonGames planning any Fantasy village cardstock stuff?

Yep. That set is scheduled for a November release. We have E-Z Dungeons: Castles & Keeps up for release next, a MASSIVE update for the E-Z Future basic set (which will be a free revision for everyone who has purchased it so far), and a new ship model for E-Z Future. Those take us through Gen Con. Beyond August we have 2-3 more major sets planned for 2006.

So far I bought and assembled Penguin Labs' campsites. Those worked very well on cardstock for something a) light, b) portable and c) cheap. I am planning to build some more buildings using foamcore, but haven't bought anything yet.

Conaill

First Post
Varianor Abroad said:
So far I bought and assembled Penguin Labs' campsites. Those worked very well on cardstock for something a) light, b) portable and c) cheap. I am planning to build some more buildings using foamcore, but haven't bought anything yet.
For comparison, you may want to have a look at WWG's "Hilltop Encounter" campsite, one half of their Encounter Set. Just to see the difefrence in graphics quality...

KaosDevice

Explorer
One of the tutorials for cardstock terrain instruction should be 'Quickly Stopping Bloodflow After Nicking The Hell Out Of Oneself'.

Conaill

First Post
KaosDevice said:
One of the tutorials for cardstock terrain instruction should be 'Quickly Stopping Bloodflow After Nicking The Hell Out Of Oneself'.
Not to mention: "How to make blood stains blend in with the scenery". :D

Conaill

First Post
By the way, some people swear by what's called a "safety ruler", which has a groove down the length in which your fingers rest - keeping them out of harms way. Office Max used to carry a Helix brand metal safety ruler (product # 32046), but I can't find it on the Office Max website anymore.

Remove ads